Universal [RPG] Roguelike Spellslinger

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IllogicalGames, May 13, 2016.

1. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    #1 IllogicalGames, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roguelike-spellslinger-endless/id1111512183?ls=1&mt=8

Hi guys, earlier this year i released a game titled fantasy mage. the game got mixed reviews from various game review sites and users. lots of dissatisfaction. noticed the flaw, then i collected all the feedbacks and learned what the community wants. And compiled it into a new game, titled "Roguelike Spellslinger".

"Roguelike spellslinger" is a brand new game with different mechanics than fantasy mage. as the time goes, i continued to polish the game.

now, after 5 months after "roguelike spellslinger" was released, i still continued to update and improved the game even more and i have renamed it to "SpellSlinger".

spellslinger seeing much greater improvement since roguelike spellslinger. the game is now simplified for mobile. switched from landscape to portrait view. the control buttons is minimalised, player only use 1 button to control the character. player will move the character with the joystick and the character will start firing when the joystick is released.

the game is much simpler it can be enjoyed with 1 hand.

try it now!!

trailer:

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Congrats, I was scared till I read the description.

3. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    scared? why would u be scared? :)

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    First instinct was that the game got ripped off. Are there an IAP for this?

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    You know the thing is I LIKED Fantasy Mage. AND I paid for it. I hate ads and IAP.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This has a lot better feel. I don't see any IAP. But it could use an unlock for ads.

7. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Glad you liked fantasy mage. And i am sad too i had to do it this way. Monetization through paid games is really hard.

Also roguelike spellslinger is an improvement over fantasy mage. Give it a try, you might like it.

8. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Im seeing where the game could go first before deciding on iap. I have many plans for it but i need to see what the community says first

9. owen1209

owen1209 Active Member

May 7, 2016
    US
    wow roguelike? rpg? then def I have to try it! :p

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #10 H4nd0fg0d, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Game looks fantastic too.

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Best of luck to you I'm sorry the first and in my opinion best version of your game did not do well unfortunately I really can't stand ads that can't be removed so I'll probably be done with it now

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    This^^^^^^

13. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    #13 Mrbestapps, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Don't know how to delete this, I'll just edit it.

Potato.

14. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    From the video, it looks like open levels with waves of enemies - that's not a "roguelike". A roguelike is all about dungeons...

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This has roguelike elements. Random loot, randomized levels. I think it's a lot better than the first version. It's actually pretty similar, except for the control scheme. But really, give a way to get rid of the ads. They are monotonous.

16. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    I really started to lose hope in making games. When i do paid games, i get only about 15 downloads and thats it. I tried to improvise, making a free games with ads then you come out with this idea. Dont you think i deserve some money for what i did. And you did enjoy the game. So why not support the development. You think i like to put ads in my games? How much income did you think small indie dev like me make? Ur killing me before i even get started. Im not even big as gameloft. I planned to make this game as community friendly, download the game and see "about section", i put my future plans for the game there. I have big plans and i wish to get feedbacks and listens to the player and give the playet wants. but the community did this to me.

17. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi, if you liked the old game, thats fine, but you dont have to stop my future plans for my future game. Is it wrong for me to come up with new game. After all you owned the old game. Why i cant make a new game? I really dont understand

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I don't disagree with your points. I know I want you to make money. But I think most of us are just asking if there is a way to add an IAP to remove the ads. This way you are still getting paid from the IAP. Price the IAP to whatever you see fit. This is the best of both worlds IMO.

There's a lot of people who just don't like ads and would be more than happy to pay to remove them.

19. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes i agreed with that. I improvised the roguelike element instead of dungeon, its an village arena. But other roguelike elements such as random loots, enemies etc and also deaths are permanent in this game

20. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Store is not up yet, its still in development. In the store there will be remove ads iaps. I get what you want. And i already planned to include iaps in next release. But when i saw @mrbestapps idea of using airplane mode to block ads, i felt unappreciated.