The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You're right. It's 720p native. Still looks so, so much better though. Yeah used the cables that came with the XBOX for over a year.

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Ok if you had the last component cables doin 720p or 1080i output (which would be worse then 720p btw) and the new HDMI is set at 1080p under Xbox settings it's probably because the Xbox handles upscaling better then your tv. That's how it usually works anyway...And the tv might handle the different inputs with different algorithms/chips yada yada. :)

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I am really enjoying Forza Horizon a lot. It's so much better, IMHO, than Forza 4. Lots to do and just a lot of fun.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah, Forza. The one franchise I'd kill for to go multi-platform. I don't think 4 did enough to distance itself from 3 though, which I loved. Then I kinda shoved my 360 into a wardrobe and didn't pay any attention to Horizon for that reason.

5. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    So apparently Resident Evil: Revelations is coming to the Xbox 360. I might actually buy it when it comes out if it's a decent length and the price is right.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    A 3DS port to a console? Maybe they are making it new from the ground up, though. One would hope.

7. PhxBangBus602

Nov 7, 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was a straight up port.

8. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Finally played through Far Cry 3 it was such a great, solid game but when I was done there was a bitter taste in my mouth, so I took back and decided to pick up witcher 2(previously was gonna wait to get on Mac but had a bad feeling about it running properly). Anyway Witcher is an amazing game much better in my opinion to far cry and I'm very glad I got a chance to play both but that I ended up with this one.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dishonored is actually a pretty challenging game. On mission 4 of 9 now. Not sure how much time I've played it. Really good so far. I feel like there's a lot more stealth required in Dishonored than in the AC games. You also get the chance to be much more creative. The game world is very, very robust.

10. PhxBangBus602

Nov 7, 2010
    That's one of my favorite games.

I gave up on that game after not being able to complete what might of been the last mission? The infinite amount of enemies was just too frustrating.

11. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    I know just finished it last night, it was amazing by far tied with one of my favorite games ever.. Besides dark souls and a select couple others. The amount of choices was just truly overwhelming in such a good way and each effect leading to something more unique...just wow the only gripe I could fathom mentioning is the hurried-ness of act 3, i felt it was shorter than it should have been, yet I want to keep playing...I can't wait for the witcher 3, it's going to be great. My favorite sword was by far the Forgotten Vran Sword, I'm going to replay now on Roche's side and in Dark mode. The amount of content is just unreal..can't praise the game enough, I highly recommend.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Kudos for Dark Souls.

Anyone picking up MGR: Revengeance? I quite enjoyed the demo, Platinum have some fantastic action games under their belt such as Bayonetta and Vanquish (and depending on how you look at it, Viewtiful Joe and Okami too). Right now I'm not sure of any other developer who can consistently throw out action of such high quality.

Plus it gives me something of a Ninja Gaiden vibe, which used to be my favourite action series until 3 ruined it... so this is kinda making up for my loss.

13. PhxBangBus602

Nov 7, 2010
    This game is amazing, indeed. The writing, the characters, the choices are all top-notch. It makes the Elder Scrolls V look like a kids game in comparison. I'm excited for the third installment as well; supposedly they are announcing it on February 5th. Good luck with Dark mode by the way.
    The dragon at the end is a real pain - it took me way too many tries.
    But yeah, you're making me feel like playing the game again, although I need to download it again because I accidentally deleted it off my PC. I guess I could just play it on Xbox (yes, I bought the game twice, I like it that much) but I prefer it on PC for the fancy graphics. =)

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Nice, guess I'll play Witcher 2 next. Haven't even unboxed my copy of the enhanced edition. Got it in Nov. Should finish Dishonored in a week or so.

15. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I preordered walking dead survival instinct. Hopefully it's great.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The early word on the Walking Dead Survival Instinct game is that it's atrocious. You might want to cancel that pre-order and wait for reviews.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It's not.

At least not for $60

And believe me no ones a bigger walking dead fan than me, comics, TVshow, games... But this particular game's not looking that spectacular

18. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I like the artwork to be honest, and the way they said the game will play.

19. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Definately looks fun, I'm just not spending $60

But who knows.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Anyone getting Dead Space 3? Pretty mediocre reviews all around.