How to upgrade to OpenFeint 2.0?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by theone1007, Jul 22, 2009.

1. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Hey guys,

I was wondering how to upgrade my games to OpenFeint 2.0. All my games seem to still have the ugly, 1.0 interface.

Thanks.

2. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    The developer of the game with the previous version of Open Feint has to update it. You can't update it yourself.

Just out of interest what games are you talking about?

3. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Like Sentinel 2, Car Mania, and Pocket God.

4. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I only have Pocket God out of those three games but it does have Open Feint 2.0 and I think the others do too. Be warned that Open Feint 2.0 doesn't look like it does on the Open Feint website:

[​IMG]

It actually looks like this:

[​IMG]

The Open Feint website is really misleading.

5. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Oh.. no wonder! I probably have OpenFeint 2.0 then, with the same ugly interface. I thought 2.0 would update it to make it look like the screenshots on the website. Grr...

Well thanks a lot Palfince!

6. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Yeah, I'm still pretty annoyed about Open Feint 2.0 not looking like it does in the screenshots.

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I like the way it looks now more than the other way...

I'm just angry because I'm supposed to get 1000 points as soon as one of my games developer's updates it... anyone know ChewSoft's email?

Also, two more things: One, how do you change your image picture? And Two, do you think OpenFeint should have it's own app for you to check out all the games that have OpenFeint, your friends, chat, etc.? It could be free or $0.99, I don't care. I'm just addicted to Feint!

8. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i love the 2.0 open feint better than the older one

9. The interface is skinnable. They show an example skin on the website, but I haven't seen any developer actually implement a custom skin. So they use the default skin, which I think looks pretty bad. I'd prefer if the new 2.0 default skin was the one they show on the website.