Paying a commission easiest way to extract the sales data from iTunes connect?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

We have to pay a sales commission of 10% of all sales to a weather provider. Can someone please tell me the best way to get this data out of iTunes connect? Is there a better way than actually ripping through the monthly sales?

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    there are different tracking services and tools..

Appannie
    Appviz
    App Figures
    App Star

and there are tons more.. you might need to check them out to see what fits your exact need and how the weather data provider wants to have the data delivered

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

tried Appannie and he laughed at me. He wants the numbers from iTunes connect

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well use app figures then..

it allows limited itc data access

5. AnalogNest

AnalogNest Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Owner
    Orange County
    Yes I would use App Figures. It takes data straight from ITC. Also, you can choose to have a report for that particular app emailed to your licensee every morning for the previous day's downloads and profits of that particular app.

Drew

6. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Why wouldn't you just use the monthly revenue reports from Apple?

That is the only report from them that actually reflects what they will pay you, and the report that you should be using to derive royalty payments to your provider from.

If your provider wants ongoing estimates, or specific access to the monthly reports, then use Appfigures and set them up as a subuser with limited access to just that app. We have done that with our branded/licensed apps and it works great.

7. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Then change your weather provider.

JC

8. Kafu

Kafu Well-Known Member

Try AppViz, I started using it for this reason. And works great too.

9. Gable

Gable Member

May 31, 2012
    But does AppViz provide you the means to use the Financial Reports? I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Daily download reports should not be used for these purposes, even Apple says that they advise using the Financial Report as the 'official', final numbers on what you made in a given month.

10. Kafu

Kafu Well-Known Member

Apple states that the only "official" documents are the monthly financial reports, and I agree that only those should be used to manage any formal stuff.

AppViz downloads both weekly and monthly reports (iAd too): go to "Reports" tab, at the left there is the "Report Type" combo-box (values: Daily, Weekly, Monthly free, Monthly financial, iAd).

11. Gable

Gable Member

May 31, 2012
    Nice, I didn't know they handle Financial Reports as well. I will give it a try.