Universal Bean's Quest (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 17, 2011.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, as mentioned, they were extremely excited. I understand it, but I also think, it was wrong. But I also think, this short game already beats most of the existing platformers in terms of presentation, level design and fun.

(...I'm just trying...) :D

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Damn, I was half expecting this to be a platformer with an oversized Mr. Bean head as the main character and that wacky smile of his. Based on the screenshots and on past Bean-watching experience, I'm not disappointed that my initial thoughts were not true! This looks amazingly awesome, but for $2.99 and only 8 levels, is it really worth it? Could I get a solid recommendation someone?

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The Developer is already working on new Worlds. Sneak-Peak of the second World:

[​IMG]

(Click the Picture to see it in all it`s Glory.)​

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lol... your personal robot seems to be pushing the game quite a bit... and I will say that he is usually pretty accurate when it comes to games...

BUT -

I'm not fully convinced (nor will I ever be) that 8 platformer levels are worth $3...

And with this dev team being new... this their first game... I've been burned by way too many dev groups promising future updates, and never delivering... so I'm stayin away from it until they update it...

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No disrespect to the developers, but I'm getting bored of hearing about new content "coming soon". I can deal with it occasionally, but it seems like every game I buy recently is only half of the deal. I wish someone would just release the whole thing at one time.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    totally agree...

I'm really really REALLY sick of seeing 2, 3, even 4 more worlds "coming soon"

It's ridiculous!

7. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    WOW! Love it. Looks gorgeous.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Or sometimes just one... I hate it too. But that picture someone posted is AMAzing. If it would be a buck even 8 levels would do for me. But yea, hope to see an update soon.

9. nikhsterboi

They should have released it for $0.99 and then raise the price when the additional content is released. Not too smart, this method anyways. Regardless, it's going to take a lot of will power on my part to hold off. :eek:

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow, really??

Just think of all the 99 cent platformers in the appstore that have TONS more content... =oP

11. nikhsterboi

Yeah, but I have most of them and get bored after awhile. Need some variety. And seeing this video they have via Vimeo on their website (http://kumobius.com) makes you want it even more.

*Shudder* Need this!

Oh, and question syntheticvoid: what's =oP mean? Seen it in almost every single one of your posts and have been wanting to ask you. Is it like a habit or something?

12. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #32 your personal robot, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
    You seriously should play it ;) Immediately, you would stop talking about that massive competition, since only very few would be left.

Devs were working on it for more than a year in there spare time. And you can see that everywhere. Even the spikes are animated. That's really best Mario quality.

But yes, best for them would be to lower the price and raise it with each new world.

Imagine your raving love for QuBIT (which I share). That's what I feel, playing this game :)

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lol... well QuBIT is a finished game... and only a buck... and I've spent at least 30 hours playing it already... when you hit 30 hours in this game... let me know... =oP

14. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    (=P) + (nose) = (=oP)

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lol

yeah...

it's from my AOL 2.0 days...

it's a face... with it's tongue sticking out...

total habbit... most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it... it's kinda cute right? like you wanna **boop** it's nose?? hehe...

=oP **boop**

16. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Programming QuBIT with one randomly generated track and one task to do in-game cannot be compared to the work a good platformer (with well designed levels, tons of animated sprites and so on) needs... :rolleyes: But I see, it's a lost mission. You really want to dislike this one ;)

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    it's not that I want to dislike it... it's that the devs made a VERY bad decision bringing the game out early and at three times the price of almost every other platformer in the appstore, with about 25% of the content...

If it came out at a buck, and then the price went up with each world added, I might end up buying it...

But also, like I said earlier... I'm getting REALLY sick of seeing a bunch of games with "world coming soon" - gimmie a break... TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE YOUR GAME COMPLETE BEFORE RELEASING IT... grrr...

18. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Was suggesting this in my last email. We'll see.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I just watched the video, and the game does look REALLY REALLY nice... but the price and the content really makes me want to wait... I will end up buying it... eventually... so long as they do add more content... no matter what the price is... because it looks like a GREAT platformer, and I am one huge platformer fan...

**edit**

er, guess I should say, no matter what the price is, so long as it's not outrageous...

20. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Maybe should have done it like the babylonian twins game, first chapter for a buck and the rest for full price.