Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Updated! Bit surprised they didn't announce that lichen and cactus dragons. Incubating right now is the metal, lichen, and cactus. Sold one of my plant habitat just to accommodate the metal one. Some serious reorganization is in place. :D Enjoy the new update guys!

2. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    fully updated since probably 5pm EST... waiting on my large metal habitat (I'm not wasting gems on speeding it up)

If you breed Reindeer + Plant and get 6 hours you'll get the new Lichen dragon (which I got) They've also added a Cactus dragon (Plant+Lightning)

I love the new eruption animation for volcanoes.

PS Don't forget to grab the Metal Shrine, Metal Statue and new decoration.

3. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    I was expecting more habitats to 30, but we're stuck at 28. I'll have to eliminate 2 Rainbow habitats in the mean time. Also wish there was another level cap increase :( AND a new island, but that'll come with the next update... humph

4. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    You don't need more than 1 Plant habitat to begin with, friend ;)

1 Plant, Lightning, Air, Fire, Water... unnecessary to have more than 1 of each.

5. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Damn it just got two 12 hour fails trying for new dragon looks like I'm gonna to bring my leaf dragon out of the cave but need to build that crummy little leaf habitat again first. And they have change the cold boost weakness to fire all our blue fires and frostfires can't earn as much anymore

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re update

Just downloaded new update, thanks for heads up MaLiesa, I only checked a couple of hours ago too, BS sneaked that one past me :)

Wow, you guys dont muck around, eg Jazbo already got two breeding and one egg..phew I better get a move on.

Oh drats, they didn't allow more habitats and increase lvl past 30...I have my 3rd rainbow egg currently incubating and had one habitat left which was for that.
    Will have to sell off a habitat now to accommodate the metal one, thank goodness for the hibernation cave huh :)

How cool is the exploding volcano!!!
    Want another one of those too now LOL, cha ching, cha ching, there goes the DV coins....now I gotta patiently wait for a few more hours to free up the caves, have been breeding for some extra coins over the last few days hehe, just commissioned my last Island and brought my metal egg, so gonna have to work my dragons hard for their keep now....hmm, coins for food, food for dragons to give extra coins....

Happy Dragon breeding everyone ;)

7. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I had 2 plant habitats because I want each and every dragon out on my islands. :) I'm at level 23 and had arranged my islands accordingly. Sped up the island and upgrade, already breeding chrome and brass. Cactus and lichen have that ugly thing going on like iceberg. :D

Welcome back girlpower!

8. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    What dragon were you trying for?

9. dustmopz

dustmopz Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Glad to see the new dragons but very disappointed that we didn't get the chance to have a few more habitats. Oh well. By the way did anyone notice their volcano erupts? Nice effect.

10. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Hey, I just noticed that my habitat number just bumped up to 29! :D

I swear it was still at 28 after the upload....Did they rig it to bump up with breeding the new dragons? I have a cactus egg and metal egg in the hatchery. Not really sure which if one triggered it ... Wonder if it will bump again :rolleyes:

Maybe I just missed it after the load :cool: Anyone else notice?

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Still (im)patiently waiting for nursery space, but hopefully have a cactus waiting to go into to the nursery, have a metal egg in there too and have a large metal habitat building...another 18 hrs to go.

@ TIMELESS, atilla....thank you both, it's nice to be back ;)
    I know what you mean atilla about having to sell a habitat or two, I will need to sell a plant one too and I kind of want another metal habitat, so gotta think about what else to sell :( I love to have at least one of each dragon on display too....I mean that was the reason I bred them to start with....now I gotta decide to either hide them away in habitation or not get metal habitats...I WANT BOTH!

Mini rant over.....we just love our dragons and want to show them off, right? :p

12. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Same thing happened to me. It only allowed 28 after the update so I sold off some dragons and an Earth habitat to make room. I bought the Metal and it's still being built. But now I just checked and it bumped up the habitats to 29 allowed. I wish they would allow 30 though since there are 30 levels. I had to finally break down and buy island number five though to have room for number 29. (I definitely understand everyone wanting more habitats but all these complaints about not increasing the number of islands is a bit much, I had 28 habitats, every building and decoration on only four islands, I can't imagine needing more than six unless they increase the number of habitats substantially.)

Nice that the max cash on the new Large Metal is $125,000 though.

13. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Update

Holy update, Batman! I noticed there are a lot of emotions surfacing about this latest version. I think that good or bad, it got all of us pumped up and excited to breed a bunch of new dragons.

I for one, have some breeding to do. :)

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    WHOO HOO me too

Yippee, mine also reads 29 habitat allowance now too.
    Thanks so much for posting this Deeneez & jtfields.....you just saved me from selling a plant habitat......now how do we bump that up to 30 :D

15. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
    The metal dragon is a nudist. Lol

16. OviIceman

OviIceman New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Still a beginner here...so hopefully this isn't a stupid question...

Is there anyway to boost/increase the max cash of the plant habitat beyond $500? I think the Plant Boost just increases the rate at which the dragons earn cash right? Does it also increase the habitat's max cash? It's constantly full and I cannot empty it often enough...

Thanks.

17. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I'm really liking this update. Just got cactus on my first try! And at level 29 I have 28 habitats so I'm not sure where they added it. I also like the new dragon icons cause they don't spoil what the adult will grow up to look like ;)

18. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Think I need to call out sick tomorrow!

So much to do! Try new breeding pairs, rearrange islands, go shopping, collect coins to spend....how can I possibly go to work? :D (figures that my work schedule just changed and I barely have time to tend to the kingdom now)

Love that we have an update & new dragons- just wish the max level wasn't stuck at 30. :(

{{{{{ Girlpower!!!! }}}}} glad to see you're back- missed you here!

Good luck everyone and have fun with trying for the new dragons!

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, mate.
    No way to increase max cash capacity.

20. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks so much for pointing this out! Wish I'd noticed befor selling off one of my rainbow habitats, have bought it back again now!!