Apache 3D Sim

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fillbiker, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fillbiker

Fillbiker Well-Known Member

#1 Fillbiker, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    Apache 3D Sim
    Become a pilot of one of the most famous combat helicopters of all time.
    AH-64 Apache is capable of conducting the full spectrum of operations from support to major combat in warfare and is still the ultimate among the military helicopters.

Apache 3D Sim brings in the game such incredible detailed processing of a combat helicopter with a unique physics and weapon system that has not been here yet. You will not believe it's only a game for mobile devices!

What can you expect:

- high detailed 3D models
    - high detailed realistic cockpit
    - M230 chain gun and rockets with infrared targeting system. (FLIR for night operations)
    - refueling
    - refilling ammunition for weapons
    - fighter missions
    - non fighter / flight skill missions
    - day / night operations
    - free flight mode
    - bonus Air show mode
    - realistic sound effects
    - high detailed graphics
    - optimized fps for all supported devices
    - HD resolution for iDevices with Retina display
    - maximal intuitive controls
    - smooth movement and control

Requirements:
    iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, iPad, iPad2 or iPod touch with Retina display

APPSTORE
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apache-3d-sim/id428845277?mt=8

http://www.realmobilesimulation.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/SvkFill?feature=mhum

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks good, from what I've seen of it. :)

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Buying this one. Is it out or is it coming out? (no innuendoes please)

Will the controls be arcade-orientated or X-Plane style? The X-Plane simulation did a damn good job at simulating helicopters but I feel the controls might be unsuitable for a combat oriented game.

4. blackeyed87

blackeyed87 Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Well it seems to be coming out may 11 from the video. Looks ok for an iPhone game, but I dunno if these games should be on this device.

5. Fillbiker

Hi guys,

Game should be released in the end of April or 1st May.

Xplane is realy good in physics, but Xplane helicopter is too hard to play for me.
    I made it completely different and can say, easier to fly. (offcourse my game has good physics too!)

This game and missions are not difficult, but you must know how to control helicopter - for that reason you have 3 tutorial missions and free flight mode.

I like Xplane, but controls is realy difficult for comfortable playing...because of this I was developing this game and give it to play my girlfriend, father, friends to watch them, how they can handle it. And they can! :)
    What can I say in shortcut - It's difficult game, it isn't arcade, it is simulator with clever-designed controls gui.
    It is perfectly playable on iPhone or iPad devices!! You can choose arcade or simulation controls...arcade is simplified, landings are much easier, but it is still simulator, so don't expect space ship movement :D

Whole game is desinged for mobile device but with highest possible realism and details for good playing on such a small devices. I want to keep working on this game, collect customers comments and wishes, because I am simulator fan.

Here you have missions, freeflight, bonus mode, night vision for night operations, targeting system for precise aiming, infra targeting FLIR and much more. If you run out of fuel, you must fly back to army base, succesfully land, turn engine-off and refuel or refill your M230 chaingun or Rockets. Then you can aproach again a continue with your mission. If current mission allows it. When you shoot from FLIR, bullet impact is delayed because of distance, FLIR camera is shaking exactly as you can see on youtube AH-64 FLIR footages... If you fly realy low, a dust is growing below your Apache and many other details, that you can't find in any other fligh game in appstore.

And price?
    Not 9.99$ , not 5.99$, but only 2.99$
    Yeah, It may be a too cheap, but I don't have a name, like Laminar Research - X-Plane :( so I don't want to kill my hard work with too high price in first month.

I was working completely alone for 5 months on this game and now I can say, I like it. :) There are many things I wan't to add in future. Time is my enemy, I have a job, sim development is my hobby and I can make it only on evenings, when I come home from work.

PS: In future I will create short tutorial video of controling chopper in the air and upload it on my Youtube channel and http://www.realmobilesimulation.com - it will show you, how to control, how to shoot, how to change camera, how to land...

6. Fillbiker

All of that sounds great, but realy hardware expensive. (realtime shadows maybe can handle iPad2, but not sure...I must buy it).
    These types of games simply can't have nice graphics like FPS shooter games or Infinity blade, because here you have much much bigger environment and obects to render, and your physical engine is still counting :(
    But in near future I realy want to make a big overhaul for textures and graphics completely. But realtime shadows can't promise. :( Look on every good looking Flight simulator for PC in history...no one was playable on high details on current rigs when released - even 2-4 years later!!! It is realy big deal to make a compromise between nice visual and good fps when creating game like this on iPhone, iPad... If you make simple arcade game, no cockpit, no HUD, simple physics ect. you can add much better effects, higher textures, more objects.

I'm doing my best and learning new things every day. 1 year ago I was able to write simple HTML page only...No idea about 3D modeling, no idea about texturing, absolutely no idea about programming, game logic, nothing. Till 2010 I was pc/psx games player only. :D
    Now look around, so powerfull cell phones... I want play simulators on mobile phone. And don't want to wait if someone make a good combat chopper sim...well, why not to try to make your own :D

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Video for the US?

Can you post another video that isn't copyrighted? Won't play here in the US and this game sounds very interesting.

8. Fillbiker

sorry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVwT2ozNIA

the same video with ugly music :mad: for US and Canada :mad:

9. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I remember reading a small article 6 months ago about something like this. I'm very excited to finally have a "War" simulation. X-plane is missing combat (besides carrier) and this game should suffice.

I wouldn't recommend emphasis on graphical detail as classic simulators like "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3" and "IL-2 Sturmovick" have pretty barren landscapes with more emphasis on realism, and this will keep true to the genre.

However, multiplayer is essential for any simulator, and I would love to see a 2 vs. 2 player match, or something more along the line of SGN's "Skies of Glory." I know you are a 1-man effort, but integrating with GAMECENTER post-release would be greatly appreciated.

I wondered what happened to the development of this game, and even posted a thread about it 3 months ago. Even though you are a small developer, you are brilliantly breathing life into an otherwise stale genre on the iOS.

Thank you. Love the cockpit view.

Better yet, why don't you apply for a contract at Gameloft and help them make a proper "Battlefield BC2" ripp-off. All you have to do is add your choppers to "Modern Combat 2." I can dream, can't I?

10. Fillbiker

Multiplayer is something,that has a big area in head,I'm dreaming about chopper dogfight and coop play. And you can be sure, that nothing is impossible...now I coudn't waste next months with trying to implement mp (learn everything about it from scratch), my chick would kick me into my eye.:D But yes, some day will this have MP in some update,I believe it!

Modern Combat 2 or BF with chopper would be nice...they are the best ones on iphone gaming platform. I'm nothing against them.:D

I hope you all won't be dissapointed of this game too much. Because I would like to make it better and better in updates, but if it will be a crap, I will jump from closest bridge, because don't know what to tell my girlfriend as a reason why she saw me behind my mac every day last half of year. :D

11. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Being a flight-sim expert myself, I will gladly support this project and hope to see improvements over the years in the same fashion that AIRCOASTER has improved over the years.

12. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Will there be multiple helos to fly? Or just an Apache?

Can you release some details on what weapons will be included?

Will there be a mission where you can just 'blow things up'? Like a full arcade mission where there will be lots of enemies (preferably with disabled weapons) and just fly around and slaughter 'things'.

I agree the X-Plane helo controls are hard, but they are pretty responsive once you get used to them. Would be nice if you implemented a similar control scheme.

13. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    For $2.99 I'll buy this game. I dont care if it's terrible, it's a great start thanks for your time in advance!

One question, how are the damage models?

14. Fillbiker

#14 Fillbiker, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    Gunxsword: only Apache / huge battles not, multiple targets yes / controls are pretty responsive ;) But not so much sensitivity, because you wouldn't be able to fight in the city for example, or land on the moving vehicles ... ( yes, you can!! ;) ) .... I will not to tell you more, it's surprise :)

Ipod123: thx!!! Colisions - every object like car, tank, chopper has it's simple colision with weapons ( the tank must be destroyed by rockets, while civil mercedes can be destroyed even by m230 canon, soldiers can be killed by throwing a botle of beer :D - joke only :D soldiers can be killed by gun or rockets an so on....) You chopper can hit your main rotor and fall down, if you hit you tail rotor, chopper starts to rotate and fall down, if you run out of fuel your engine shout down and rotors starts to slow down till stops fully. (don't worry, Bitchin Betty will tell you "Bingo fuel" warning.

Back to collisions - sure it needs much work to be more realistic, I'm working on many many things and have many notes to make better in the future.
    If all of these would be completely already done in highest quality, I would plan to sell it foR 12 bucks at least :D :D just kiddin, but as I said, I'm not a Gameloft yet.

Please don't ask me for more quesions, you must have something to explore and enjoy in the game... This thread can be developer blog on my homepage :D

And all of wishes I would like to see in appstore ratings ( at least the five stars's) :D :D (joke) Seriously, it will help me to imagine what all of you globaly want to me to add. I will appreciate it.

15. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    "AC-130 eh? Haven't worked with one of those for a while"

Do show chap! Do show!

16. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Will autos be possible? I loved doing those on the old PC heli games.

X-plane even on pc has horrible helicopter physics. You can tell that helicopters were an afterthought. Anything would have to be an improvement from that.

I really looking forward to this on iPad 2.

17. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    this looks really goood

18. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Autos? I don't know how to do those. Yo must be pro :cool:

I'm an X-plane fanboy (I think) but after flying helis in some edition of FSX ... I might have to rethink. Though I did play on an actual combat heli simulator at an RAAF airshow... I crashed more than anything - anyway, that used X-plane professional underneath the other game engine which was much more realistic. It also had had actual explosion graphics unlike X-plane on ipad which has ... yeah orange blobs pretty much
    I hope this game does a good job of explosions in gameplay without suffering in framerates

19. Fillbiker

I played Xplane heli many times ( I mean iOS version), but I have a strange feelings of it. For the first sight it looks realistic, but after deeper playing I found many physics bugs, strange movements ect. In collision with the ground you chopper sometimes explode, sometime not....:( The controls are much harder to use than has other aircraft Xplanes. I can't imagine to use this controls and physical engine in combat game... Maybe Xplane will still looks more realistic, even can be, but for many "non-sim fans" it is almost uplayable. For perfect chopper experience I play DCS Black Shark on my pc, with trackIr 6Dof, throttle, kniple, pedals and 3x 24" screens. But on mobile device? No thanks.
    I can't release hardcore simulator only for iphone, I want to normal user will be able to play it too... Maybe it will be too hard for them from begining, but as I said, with small training = no problem.

20. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Wow this game looks like a hit! Reminds of my favorite Mig-29 pc game, except it's with a copter :)

Oh and, you guys should really change the icon, it could look way better than it is now.