Buying Some New Games, Advice Sought

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #1 ArtNJ, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Hi all, this forum has helped me pick up some great games that I like, Baseball Sugger, Galcon, etc. So I turn to you all again!

1. F.A.S.T.: Will I like it if my arcade type skills arent so hot? For example, I like Minigore, but cant get more then 4k. I like Baseball Slugger, which does a good job making you feel good about being mediocre (I'm hovering around 6,000th). I do not really like Doodle Jump, because it makes me feel inaddequate...I cant crack 20k.

2. Aquaglobs: Thinking about this one...would like another stupid-simple-but addictive game. I am oddly fond of scoops because its cute, simple and sucks you in with the sense that you should be able to do better. I got the Butterfly game that is in the top 100, but the difficulty ramps too fast...it aint as relaxing as it could have been.

3. CopterKid: Similar to FAST, I'm somewhat worried that it might be too hard to grip me.

4. Puzzle Game: I dont own many...Unblock Me which I like, Pathpix lite (didnt grip me, too easy), Ragdoll Blaster Lite (enjoyed it, but felt a little like a monkey just trying stuff until I found something that worked.) Maybe try Skabooki?

2. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    LOL, number 1 was funny, you had me cracking up. If you want a simple, cheap game try "Trace", it's free and it's AMAZING. This is the only free game I've ever gotten, but it's so great.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    F.A.S.T. definitely has a bit of a learning curve, but if you're proficient with accelerometer controls you should have no problem. If you have Glyder and can play that easily, F.A.S.T. should be no problem.

For puzzle games take a look at Mew2468s Ultimate Puzzle Discussion Thread. Those games under "highly recommended" are all very good. You can also wait maybe 2 days and the top 5 puzzle games as voted by TA members will be up in my "Best of its Kind" thread.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    CopterKid is really addicting and I used to suck but I started to get better and better

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #5 ultimo, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    I'd suggest you to go for F.A.S.T. I guess it has complete randomness to the gameplay
    Dogfight is something tht interests me

I don't have any games tht U listd, Minigore is not my type
    You don't get to do much in the othr games... do U ?

You should get TapDefense, The 1st BEST TD ever made for an iPod touch or iPhone

6. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    +1 to that

and Gomi.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I see these games as a must get:

-F.A.S.T. Is a very solid title and is a great game to pick up.

-Puzzlequest is still my favorite puzzle game because it offers far more content than you would expect and you can play for hours/days/weeks as you progress one of your many characters.

-Civilization Revolution is just solid and a great to get...full of content and surprises.

-Secret of Bryce Manor. You wouldn't believe just how much fun it is play as a spider. trust me.

If you need further in depth info on any of these titles please feel free to PM me. Enjoy :D

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks all, I'll get FAST since that seems almost like a must own and try some of the other recommendations. Its cheap now, so what the heck.

9. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I picked up FASTyesterday seeing as how cheap it was and great it's suppose to be, and it didn't disappoint for only .99. I still suck...but I'm slowly getting better :D