Brief profile of characters in GTA: Chinatown Wars

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aurora, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#1 Aurora, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    Brief character profiles, more profiles in this format are welcome from anyone who writes it. Yes I know more comprehensive information is in the GTA Wiki, but I'm sure reading a paragraph blurb beats reading the tons of text from the unorganized Wiki.

[​IMG]
    Name: 李煌
    English Translation: Lee Huang
    Profile: Heir of the Lee crime family, based in Kow-Loon 九龙, Hong Kong. He came into possession of the Yu Jian 玉剑 (lit. Jade Sword), which his uncle "Kenny" Lee Wu 李吴 has requested to uphold their family status in Liberty City. Upon arrival of Liberty City, Lee Huang was attacked by rival crime organizations and assumed dead. The sword was stolen in the attack as well. Upon regaining consciousness, Lee Huang finds himself controlled by the masterminds of three separate crime families that compete for ultimate control over Liberty City as he searches for his father's killer.

[​IMG]
    Name: 阿玲
    English Translation: Ling
    Profile: Weapons master and trainer employed by Lee Wu. She is aloof and possesses the skills and personalities of a cold killer.

[​IMG]
    Name: "肯尼“ 李吴
    English Translation: Kenny Lee Wu
    Profile: Conservative and ruthless leader of the Lee crime family in Liberty City, and uncle of Lee Huang. He is cold-blooded, yet extremely skilled in underground communications which resulted in his massive fortune. However his wealth is overshadowed by his endless greed for both money and power in Liberty City. He seems to detest Lee Huang but uses him for his intentions nonetheless.

[​IMG]
    Names: 焦明晨 & 焦明信
    English Translations: Jaoming Chan & Jaoming Hsin
    Profiles: Hsin has ruled over the Triad in Liberty City with an iron fist for over 20 years, and he is about to retire. He is looking for a proper heir to his organization and wealth, however his son, the apparent heir, seems incapable of such a job as he is unskilled, undetermined, addicted to drugs and lives like an unaccomplished prodigal.

[​IMG]
    Name: 周鸣
    English Translation: Zhou Ming
    Profile: An overconfident and overly prideful drug lord in Liberty City who wants to succeed Hsin as the new leader of the Triad. He is arrogant, cold-blooded and adept at flattering others in order to use them as puppets. He also displays hints of cannibalism and a lust for blood.

[​IMG]
    Name: 梅兰妮 玛拉德
    English: Melanie Mallard
    Profile: A skilled and determined journalist who risked the dangers of the Triad to investigate Jaoming Chan in order to unveil the dark secrets of the organization to the public. This has caused her to be trapped in many dangerous situations. Lee Huang plans to use her help in order to find his father's killer in exchange for giving her protection from various members of the Triad. Exclusive to PSP version of game.

Translated from [Link].

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    wait, Aurora, i heard you had mixed feelings, do you like this game or no?

3. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I don't even have this game. I'm just translating a certain web page for all of you GTACW-fans so you guys don't think I'm a GTACW-hater. Though I'm still pretty much an "other-GTA" hater.

4. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    so, your trying to make us happy? well aw shucks, happy v day to you to! ahaha jk! But thank :D

5. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

No I'm just trying to decrease the amount of attacks on me in the future, particularly about these sensitive topics. :)
    But yeah I found the characters to be interesting in this game, a good break from the usual street thugs in other GTA games.

6. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    ahaha i understand whacha mean. Some people here are just naturally grouchy. And yes, the yell...I MEAN FELLAS! do make the game more intereesting

7. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    You might be surprised if you actually played them. I had that impression myself from GTA2 and 3,but then I played San Andreas and was incredibly surprised to find a lot of really interesting and varied characters. I later tried Vice City and found some good stuff, though the characters weren't nearly as fleshed out. I still haven't played GTA4, so I can't comment there, but based on my experience with San Andreas as well as Bully, I'd put Rockstar towards the top of my list of companies who can consistently write great characters, especially in unexpected situations.

8. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Because the characters are Chinese?

9. kilo360

kilo360 Active Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Landscaper/exterminator
    Where else but jersey
    Wait?I've already beat the game and I've never come across a blonde woman with a camera in any mission. Can someone clear this up a little I'm confuzzled ?!?

10. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    shes in the psp edition

11. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I hear you. I did enjoy GTA Vice City. I found the characters incredibly funny. You can cause complete mayham in a Hawaiian shirt. That's priceless.:)

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    ... You don't have the game? Not a single version of it?

13. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#13 Aurora, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    My mistake, I'll edit the Milena character. I missed the part where the description says she's only found in the PSP version.

No, I don't have a DS or PSP.

Actually yes. It means I can understand them better, and find them more interesting. It also means I am able to translate the page. I hope you don't find that a problem.

14. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wait, what?

So you're making opinions based on reading a wiki character bio on a game you don't have :confused:

The only way Zhou, Chan, and the rest were different from other characters is that they were 10x bigger douchebags.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend it. Even if you aren't a big fan of GTA.

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Hmm I thought you were asking me if I have any version of the game? I said I didn't have it for iPhone, and now I said I don't have a DS or PSP, so that should answer your question.
    And yes they're douchebags, but somewhat more civilized douchebags. I just find organized crime much more interesting than street thugs who use expletives every other word and most of their time is spent killing other street thugs or cops.
    No it wasn't from a Wiki, like I said in the first post. But if it's not an interesting read for anyone by all means let the thread sink, I have no objections.
    I really don't get what's so odd about me simply translating a character profile blurb for the CW fans? I never said I hated this game.

16. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I just find it strange that someone would take their time making a thread about characters from a video game they haven't played.

17. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Well actually the character profiles is probably the only part of this game that I'm interested in, so I have no reason to play the game in order to create a thread about the characters. It's just like spreading the news of a new restaurant. If you're interested in its food or prices then you'll spread the news around, doesn't mean you have to have ate there before.

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    By skimming this thread and barely reading anything, it seems as though you(Aurora) don't like this game and you havent played it. Yet you like the characters since they aren't street thugs. Now we're talking about resteraunts :confused:? I like potbelly's by the way.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Except that this restaurant has been around for 11 months. And that you'd only be interested in the prices, and have no intention of eating there.

20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I like their Turkey sub. I love all the fresh veggies and the oil softening the inside of the flaky and warm bread.