Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Fair enough, fair enough. Still a little confused as to why android gets these extra cloth physics, but I'll take your word for it, framerate is far more important to me than some extra effects.

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    So you mean that cloth animations etc. will ruin the game experience on an iPad3 but it will be okay for Tegra 3 devices??????

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #423 JBRUU, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    That was what I was thinking. If anything iPad 3 should be getting extra effects, seeing as how the GPU smashed the tegra 3. We don't need full retina, in fact I don't want retina, but the gpu power going to extra effects and framerate. Gameloft hopefully learned that after NOVA 3, I wish other devs would follow suit or at least give us a toggle for it like GL (for once) so kindly did.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA

Its ok. Touch owners will just spend the money slotted for this game on something else.

5. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011

iPad 3 has an incredibly high resolution screen which is a bit performance hit and nvidia knows physics so tegra works out of the box easily with it.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Could you consider giving us iPad 3 owners an option in a future update to run in a lower resolution but with all effects, or in higher res with disabled effects, like Gameloft did with NOVA 3? That way we would all be happy (because we're all whining about cloth physics, lol)

7. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    I know i know... This is what i was waiting when i first hear about the resolution on the new iPad... Anyway your game looks really AWESOME on my iPad... Just get little bit unhappy when i hear that i have the most powerful touch tablet and i cannot play some games at full effects etc. because of Apple decision to put such a huge resolution and give there so much horsepower.

8. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How is the performance on the iPhone 4? And how much of a graphics reduction is here compared to the 4S?

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Shame how they're limiting the market for the game. Surely they could downgrade the graphics enough to make it run.

10. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    That is a great point about nova. I will bring it up to team. :)

11. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    You're totally right. I wish we could support all of those device too because I want more people to play our game too :)

Unfortunately for the older devices we tried it and it just wasn't something were content with. We want people to get what they see in the screen shots and what we had was not that. I would hate to deceive customers by showing them a screen shot they have no possibility of seeing in game. :(

12. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Change the name of this version to Horn HD and make a version with low-res texture and a few less effects, slap the title "Horn" on it, and blam. More buyers.

13. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    ...and i must say, that the developers here are super active and this is something i respect!
    Maybe this is first time i see so many answers on one thread from the developers itself (not only Adamo we re speaking now, but also from all the other guys from Phosphor games that visiting this thread)!!!

14. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #434 Adamo, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    Hahaha that's not a bad idea ;)

We have a patch at apple that should make it more playable on iPod 4 but again we still won't officially support it still because it isn't up to snuff with it's 4s big brother.

If you take the time to write a message or question, I owe it to you and I will do my darndest to reply. :)

15. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I feel like the performance might not be as high on my iPhone 4, but I haven't seen it play on higher end devices. I'm probably going to wait for the new iPhone before I fully play it, sadly enough.

16. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    I know you have already done this and also i am not having technical issues till now on my iPad3.. :)

17. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011

How many Frames per second does it get on the iPod touch 4? If it's less that 20 then theres a serious problem.

18. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Okay, thanks I'll give it a try.

19. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Dont quote me on this since I didnt spend much time with it (I worked off an iPad 2) but I want to say it is mostly around low 20s but will dip below sometimes.

20. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Naw, I'll buy it later. I plan on upgrading to the new iPhone later this year anyways, so it's not an issue.