Universal 15 Coins (by Engaging Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EngagingGames, Feb 23, 2014.

1. EngagingGames

EngagingGames Active Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #1 EngagingGames, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

OMG! Launch day is April 3rd! That means you can pick up 15 Coins in New Zealand right now: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/15-coins/id812850082?ls=1&mt=8

15 Coins Launch trailer:

Or check out our game page here: http://www.engaginggames.com/15Coins/

----------------------------

Hi everyone, we'd like to introduce our soon to be released arcade game, 15 Coins, to the community. It's a minimalistic styled avoider game where you control a ship by tilting your device to turn the ship left and right. To put our own little twist on the avoider genre, the enemies that you must avoid are clones that follow the path you've traveled. Get 15 coins and you win...anything less and you lose.

Features:
    - Tilt or tap to turn
    - Avoid clones that follow the path you've traveled
    - Three Difficulty Levels
    - Game Center Leaders for the fastest 15(coins in a game)
    - 15 Achievements
    - Play for a minute or all day long

[​IMG]

Get in touch if you want to test the game before release
    We're gearing up to launch the game soon, but we're looking for approximately 10 people who would like to get their hands on the game early through a testflight build and let us know what you think of it. We can't guarantee that everyone will be chosen to get a build(depending on the number of responses), but if you would like to apply, just post in this thread to let us know you're interested and we'll PM you a link to sign up if you're selected.

And here's a small teaser of the gameplay:

If you review games and would like to get a preview build to review, give us a shout and we'll get you a build of the game!

More to come. We're interested to know what you think!

Thanks,
    Fabian and Blake
    Engaging Games

2. Philipp_S

Philipp_S Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    I like the idea of the clones following your own path. Does it matter much in practice, i.e. do people adapt their strategies to it?

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Happy to test.

4. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    This looks great, and unique. I second what both of the previous comments state. :D

5. gamer456ism

gamer456ism Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
  6. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    @Philipp_S - I'm not sure what affect it has on a player. I guess it's probably different from player to player. My personal experience is that I *think* I can do better because I *know* where the enemies are going and they're all following the same path...but it usually doesn't work out all that well for me. So I think that it does kind of change your perspective a bit, but that's just a guess. :D

@cloudpuff, SonixManix, gamer456ism - PM sent :)

@All - Thanks for the interest and positive comments. It's stuff like this that puts a big smile on our face. :D

7. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    If there's still chance I would like to try it too!
    Thanks!

8. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    @Infinity89 - Thanks for the interest. PM sent

--------------------------------------

We're still looking for more people to test our little game out so if you're interested, let us know!

9. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    #9 EngagingGames, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    First build is being put up now. Missed the initial sign-up? That's ok! Just post here to let us know you'd like to try out 15 Coins and we'll contact you through PM.

We can't guarantee everyone will get a build, but we'll accept as many people as we can! :)

10. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Signed up :)

11. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    @miroa - Got ya. ;)

First build is up. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. Hopefully everything works like it's supposed to! Thanks again for your interest. :)

12. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Ok I played the game for a while not long!
    It's pretty solid the user interface is great and I liked the idea and atmosphere! Really when I opened it the first time I really thought it was my kind of as I actually love graphics!
    Now there are two things that I think needs work! First sometime it gets stuck and starts rotating on the same place for a few second. It won't budge no matter what I do!
    Second the titles are way to sensitive! Even breathing seems to effect. You could add some sensitivity to it!?
    Overall I really liked the idea and its great!

13. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    Thanks for taking the time to play 15 Coins and providing feedback! We're working on improving the game based off of all the feedback that everyone has given us which will include adding a control sensitivity slider and also the option to use touch controls instead of tilt. We're really glad you enjoyed the user interface, the idea and the atmosphere. Hopefully we can put the final touches on the game to make it a truly enjoyable all around experience. Thanks again!

---------------------------------------------------

We may post some mock up images sometime in the coming week to get some feedback on what will work best and we'll also get a new build up for everyone who's interested in giving it another try.

---------------------------------------------------

If you missed out on the first round of testing but still want to give our little game a try, just let us know that you're interested and we'll PM you a link so you can join the next round!

14. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Hey, I'm part of the development team for 15 Coins (doing the graphics mostly) and wanted to join in the discussion you guys have been starting. The last days have been really exciting and rewarding so far. We've been getting wonderful feedback and there have been 2-3 issues that have been voiced multiple times and therefore have been taken into good consideration.
    So I just wanted to show some of the progress we've been making in the last days. We've revamped the options screen and added the often requested feature of control selection. You can now choose either tilt or touch controls (yay). I'm not sure when exactly this new build will be in everyone's hands but it won't be too long.

If you wanna help us test 15 Coins, let us know and get in touch :)

[​IMG]

15. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Touch! Awesome!!! Now, I am sure this game is perfect :-D

16. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    Thanks! Can't wait to get it in everyone's hands to see what everyone thinks of the new control options. :)

Just put a build with working control options in Acumen's hands today and this was his response:

Hopefully it's as good as he thinks :D

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Sorry for being late, finally have it installed I had some testflight problems ..... Again.it seems sorted now though.
    Looking forward to trying it out.

18. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    No worries! Just let us know what you think whenever you get the chance and let me know if you have any questions! We're working on improving the controls and the instructions(making a short interactive tutorial) and hope to have a new and improved build up sometime in the near future. :) Looking forward to your feedback!

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Still have room for testers? Saw cloudpuff was here so I had to check it out :D

Love these kinds of games!

20. EngagingGames

Jul 6, 2011
    Definitely! I'll PM you the testflight link so you can sign up and will include you in the next build that we send out to testers...which should hopefully be ready in another day or two.