Openfeint User Interface

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Tymex, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Tymex

Tymex Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Hey,

I found different graphics of the Openfeint interface in different games. I would like to know if someone knows why there are two versions, and if it is possible to choose which integrate inside an game, because the first one is really better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. The first image is the old interface pre 2.4 (i think). the second image is 2.4 onwards and has the new simpler (better me thinks) interface.

3. Tymex

Tymex Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Oh, ok. That's too bad ....

Thanks.

4. And the under 2.0 wasn't pretty at all...

5. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I see what you mean. It seems like two different designers worked on them. I prefer the "interface" of the new style, but I prefer the "graphics" of the first one. All those under-shadows in the new design look really ugly.

6. Tymex

Tymex Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Yes, I agree with you. I hope they will redesign the graphics in a future release.

7. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    While we're here and critiquing the design, I just wanted to say it bugs me how their 'X' close button is at the top right corner, and not the top left corner, as specified by Apple's Human User Interface Guidelines. Apple have always put 'close' buttons and back buttons on the left side of the screen, due to the reasoning that the majority of people out there are right-handed, making it more comfortable for them to extend their finger to the left, instead of to the right.

Microsoft, of course, never cared about the interface design, and so they put their 'X' button in the top right corner. I'm assuming this is where the idea of the button placement in OpenFeint came from. Either that or the designer is left-handed! :)