Universal Pizza Vs. Skeletons - (by Riverman Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    There was a whole discussion about this between him and dodgerblue in the upcoming thread.

2. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I dislike only tilt based games. I find myself lying down to play games and not able to play certain games because of the tilt

3. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    They are actually really good controls and you can calibrate them easily so that you can play when lying down

4. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    So stoked for this one tonight. Brad's been hyping it up and it sure does look like a winner.

5. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    This was the only game i'm intersted in of today's batch but......
    Damn, only tilt controls!! = no buy!
    I hate tilt controls :(

6. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Glad to hear I am not the minority. This is such the ages old issue of gamers not wanting to play with tilt controls that I really cannot grasp why developers don't focus on adding touch controls. This debate got very intense over the Crazy Hedgy game, and everyone said 'I normally don't like tilt, but I am really enjoying Crazy Hedgy', which got me to buy it; go figure, I played 3 levels on it and deleted it after just as many weeks after it sat collecting dust on my ipad.

Sure, I'll try this game considering it is Free, but the trend of adding touch controls to already present tilt controls REALLY needs to catch on; moreso, prior to release as many gamers will see it's tilt only, pass it up, and when the developers finally get a clue and add touch controls, it will be lost in the shuffle and therefore will mean many many missed sales.

I just don't get it! Now, are we going to have another Crazy Hedgy - like debate?

Very psyched that this week has a few other good releases at least, but I can guarantee with absolute certainty, that I (and many others) will pass on this one soley based on the tilt..what a shame. If you are still reading my rant, thanks and apologies!

7. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Hello New Zealand! This is Jacob from Riverman Media. I'm thrilled for all the enthusiasm you've shown for Pizza Vs. Skeletons. I can't wait for you to try it.

On the topic of some of the questions in this thread:

iOS 5: Yes! iOS 5 is required. That means it will run on iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S), iPod Touch (3rd, 4th, 5th generation), or iPad (1, 2). Sometimes, as a developer, you have to decide between backwards compatibility and making a better game. We chose to make the game better, and I really hope that those of you on iOS4 can upgrade or borrow a friend's to play pizza.

Tilt controls: Pizza Vs. Skeletons was designed from the ground up to feel good with tilt controls. Since you are a large rolling object, it really makes sense--touch controls don't feel as good, we've tried them. If you aren't convinced, please try the free version. I think it will win you over.

Thank you! Enjoy!

Jacob

8. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    the style reminds me of monty python and rock of ages
    so first i wanted to buy simogo´s new game with my last itunes money
    but this one seems far more interesting to me

9. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

#29 mashead2000, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I was hoping for a specific answer to the iOS5 query, but nevertheless, I'll check it out when I upgrade (when I feel like most of my apps have been updated for iOS5 compatibility)

11. mashead2000

Heres the answer i think??

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    @Mashead Thanks for the gameplay video. The game definitely looks awesome.

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes after watching the video and knowing there a LITE version ill try it for sure

14. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    A shame really, but tilt only is a no buy for me.
    Dozens of times i heard developers say that this time it really works,well not for me. Ever.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Here's the question

I was expecting a specific feature, like twitter integration or something else.

16. mashead2000

No problem, just make yourself a NZ account and give it a try? all i can say is i'm defo buying full version, seems addictive and soooo many levels will keep me coming back for more as it looks very varied-just 10 levels in the Lite version and nice boss level at the end

and yeah i suppose 'to make the game better' isnt too specific but seems good enough reason lol ;)

17. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    There are more obvious things like you mentioned, such as the iOS 5 Twitter integration. Then there are lots of little, less obvious things, like wayyy faster loading of large animations, or the way that iOS 5 handles the facial animation in OpenGL ES2.

Jacob

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks for the more detailed answer, wish-listed for when I upgrade :)

19. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Lol! There was a similar discussion/argument about controls a dev makes/uses vs. what the player wants. Me, I only complain about controls when I think it's valid. For instance, the controls on Paper Monsters. All I wanted was a static version of the controls they already had--maybe even throw in arrows.

It's semi-applicable

20. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    #40 riverman_jacob, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    I totally understand your hesitation about tilt controls. I normally don't like them either! In this case, the large, circular Pizza really makes sense to roll. Big pizzas roll! How do you make something roll? You tilt its environment. Touching and sliding just doesn't make as much sense or feel as intuitive.

Try it. I think we'll win you over :)