Heroki – 2.5D Action/Adventure Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Picomy, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Wow you're fast Sanuku! Thanks for posting!

We have a big update of Heroki showing you in this Offscreen Footage!
    This footage will introduce you to the world of Heroki by showing you parts of the gameplay and introduce you to the simple and unique control scheme. (*Note that this is still in an Alpha Build*)

In our blogpost you can read our full post where we explain everything you see in the video:www.picomy.com

Thanks for watching everyone!

2. miyac

miyac Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Animation Student
    It looks awesome! Can't wait for it to be released, it will definitely be a must have for me C:

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You are Welcome :D

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Instabuy when released, vid really sold me :)

5. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #46 Picomy, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Just testing here if this post is coming through the approval..

Monday we made a new post that included a new update. You can find this update on our blog.

Sorry for not posting a link. Here's hoping this message will get through then :)

*edit

www.picomy.com

6. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    release soon ???

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I believe that they have yet to reach alpha stage, so my guess is no, not soon.

8. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Recently we've 'entered' the alpha stage. 85% of the content in the game is finished and by the end of june, all the content will be finished. 95% of all the levels are already complete. After that, we're going through a final polishing pass which will also take some time.

To bring the content of Heroki in perspective, we've only showed 2% of the game in the media thus far, so we have so much more to show :)

An exact release date is really hard to predict for us but our goals are set for this summer.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Good to hear!

10. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi folks!

Since Heroki is a huge game (gameplay and content wise), we've decided to update our blog on a weekly basis with new information, screenshots and concept art!

First, we want to introduce the so-called "Heroki Cards". Each card represents an enemy or a character that you'll encounter during the adventure. Every card has it's own little story behind them that hints to new gameplay elements.

Kicking off with 2 of the baddies, Boofy and Webspun:

[​IMG]
    Meet Boofy the bear. He is a lazy, 'slow' bear but extremely gready when it comes to honey.
    Lying comforably in his tree stump - eating, he'll attack anyone who will dare to come close so you'll have to be carefull!
    Try throwing a jar of honey or two.. It might lure Boofy out of his hole - creating a passage.

[​IMG]
    Webspun is a cranky spider who doesn't like company.
    Laying in his cozy spot between the leafs, makes him the sneakiest one among his friends.
    He can be right on top of you in a blink of an eye so better watch out!​

With more then 25 individual enemies plus 20 individual characters the Heroki Universe has to offer, we've a lot more to reveil!

Till next week! :]

11. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Any news on this one? No updates or posts on their blog since June so I hope everything is coming along smoothly. I'm really anticipating this one.

12. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi .TOTH,

I just want to let you and everyone else know that Heroki is coming along really, really nice. We've made such great process over the last months that we really want to show everyone in the near future!

We have indeed not updated our website for a couple of months now but know that we need (and use) every free and spare time we have to work on the game.

We also want to let you know that Heroki is going to be a full and rich platform experience with the same kind of quality you'd expect from a Mario, DK or Sonic game. I know that's stating A LOT but we aren't going for anything less.

I can't tell you how bad I wanted to post some videos or screenshots of the game earlier on but it will be worth the wait. :)

Thanks!

13. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Can't believe I wasn't aware of this game until now. It looks stunning - definitely looking forward to its release.

14. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Gameplay and graphics are reminiscent of 'Lost Winds' and of 'Zelda' and the much-anticipated 'Oceanhorn.' All of which is a good thing. I'm extremely eager to get my hands on Heroki; I'm already very infatuated with him.
    Any chance that we'll see a release before the close of 2012?

15. The graphics looks superb. I sure wont miss this game!

16. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Speaking of Mario and DK, I've haven't been visiting TA as much due to my new 3DS but this game still floats to the top of my conciousness every now and then. This along with Oceanhorn will definitely pry my fingers off Nintendo for a while. I hope it's still coming along and I applaud your quest for quality; are there any new screenshots or vids you can reveal yet?

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm still nervous ! The graphics look amazing, but from that video seeing the new control scheme, just doesnt float my boat. A d-pad or a button to jump i would be all over it.

Again i hope you had an alternative control scheme. Reminds me of lost winds which they said was innovative etc, suddenly a complete lack of sales and they then added alternative buttons.

The game looks great, just seems a bit weird control wise, Smash Cops , though a totally different type of game had initially some weird 'place your finger behind the car to control it'.

Hope controls dont mess up what looks like a visually stunning game

18. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #59 Picomy, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    I've dived into Smash Cops control scheme and the idea is indeed the same as ours. You push the car/character foward. However, the big difference with their control setup and ours is that we support multitouch. This is a huge feature that will give the player so much more control over the character. It's really something special and something you have to experience/feel yourself - this in combination with all the other gameplay mechanic/abilities. It plays the same as if you where playing with a virtual joystick but then Heroki beeing the center of it all - you are in control.

If it calms down the nerves, we already have an inverted control option available. It's basically our control scheme described above but then reversed so that way, it plays much like Zelda Phantom Hourglass on the Nintendo DS or like "Waking Mars" on iOS. You point the direction where you want to go and you're off.

Another option we're currently looking into is the 'Floating Joystick' feature in where the center of the stick is always re-calculated based on where you press on the screen. We don't like mimicking real life game controllers on a touchscreen but this one can be added without adding any buttons on screen and still keep the same flow. We believe less is more in that case. :)

You have to believe me when I say that this huge project was build from the ground up around its controls. They really can make or brake a game! In our case, 'Flow' really is the keyword.

As far as the progression goes, we're still making huge progress and it's getting bigger, better and louder every day. We are full aware that we don't update our website often or aren't very active around here but that will all change in the near future when the game is nearing completion.

I'd like to repeat myself that we invest all our spare time to work on Heroki - that is no exaggeration. This game is going to offer so much gameplay and depth that you simply haven't seen before on iOS yet. Our goal is to create one of the best (if not THE best) platformer for iOS.

We hope that our next BIG update will blow you away by giving a true gameplay sneak peak. :)

Thanks so much for all your patience!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmm sounds promising. But that 'push' control method in Smash Cops didnt work at all well, everyone i know just changed it to the standard controls.

But yeah if it works similar to Waking Mars then thats good (Still a huge shame you cant have an option for standard d-pad controls though !)

Anyway look forward to the upcoming video, graphics do look so amazing for this