Cell Phone Tracker, idiot tracker ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by c0re, Dec 16, 2009.

1. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #1 c0re, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Am I the only one who became addicted to browse all the 1-star reviews of this app ?

(Appstore Link)

Seriously, the app is #9 in the France top paid, with 895 comments, and nearly all of them saying "Refund !!1§! It doesn't work !!"

To be sure that it wasn't a translation problem, I browsed the web about english version, and reactions were the same !
    I even read someone telling "I tried to localize my dad who is in Canary isles, but it only showed my position !! Refund !!1! Update !1§!§1§"

I'm not cynical by nature, but here, it's just hilarious ...
    What the app is really doing is clearly stated in the description, plus some reviewers are even explaining the trick a second time, but majority of people keep missing the point and go all "REFUND !!1 SCAM !!$" .

This app is outstanding for pointing out how people just don't pay attention to each other, to the point where some social analysts would be fascinated.

I think I'm gonna buy it. lol

2. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    It was #1 paid app in Hungary for a week.

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

lol!

4. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Man, it even SAYS "tracks YOUR position but you're with them so they'll think it's their position"

Idiot tracker indeed, lol!

5. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Haha, so I'm not the only one.
    I'm sure even Apple is giggling at it :p