Transfer savegame from ipod touch to iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eric83, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Eric83

Eric83 Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Is there any trick for transfer savegame from an ipod touch to iphone?(all two not JB)
    Thanks for help!

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well..yea its called a backup. Other than that your only option would be to jailbreak.

3. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    this would be interesting when the 4G comes out

im considering transferring my life over to a 4G if its worth it. On an iPod Touch btw.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

5. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

A backup will work for most games. Some services like OpenFeint and Tapulous should be disabled on the old device and then reenabled on the new one. Also note, that you will loose all music downloaded with Tap Tap Revenge 3 and you have to reimport this music (for free), but you can only reimport the songs TTR3 offers now. So if you downloaded a free song on your old device which is no longer available, this song cannot be restored and is lost. Also you will have problems with apps made by stupid companies like ebay app, where your push notifications will now appear on the old and the new device, because they decided to not give you a possibility to remove the old device id from their database.

But, regarding games, this will work for most of them. I just did it with 2G -> 3GS and only had problems with TTR3.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Oliver is absolutely right: I've had to do it more than once (both for upgrades and due to some clumsiness on my part), and I've never had any problems. Just keep in mind that you will have to sync your new device twice: once to get the backup data, and once to get all your music and apps into the phone. Also, make sure that you've set up iTunes to manage your media automatically (rather than doing it manually).

7. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    my life = all apps, savegames, music, video and bookmarks. Things like that.

When iphone 4g comes out i need to transfer all that to it so i can sell my ipod.