Inertia: Escape Velocity (1.99 -> 0.99) and HD (3 99 -> 1.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Royce, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    on sale:

Inertia : Escape Velocity

Over 200,000 downloads of Inertia: Escape Velocity!

"Inertia: Escape Velocity is a shining example of wha…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Over 200,000 downloads of Inertia: Escape Velocity!

"Inertia: Escape Velocity is a shining example of what the little guy can accomplish in today's indie-friendly video game market." - Kotaku

"quite possibly the most elegant physics-defying platformer I’ve played in a long time." - 148Apps

"an entertaining outer space romp with plenty of replay value" - Modojo

"As the game goes on and the pace increases, the sheer kineticism of it all is bound to win you over." - Pocket Gamer

"this one’s definitely worth your time." - Tap! Magazine

Gravity is Going Down! You are Hermes, a high-tech scavenger who can turn his personal gravity on and off at will. Utilize your power to control Inertia to leap, hover, bounce, float, and zoom through intriguing challenges and deadly obstacles in this beautiful 3D platform game.

➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠
    ★ AWARD-WINNING GAMEPLAY ★
    Inertia: Escape Velocity builds on the award-winning gameplay that won Best Non-Professional Game, Achievement in Gameplay, Technical Achievement, and Gamers’ Choice Awards at DICE’s Indie Game Challenge 2011.

★ DEFY PHYSICS! ★
    Manipulate gravity at will to float through levels, bounce off of walls, and negotiate challenges such as attractors, repulsors, accelerators, launchers, force fields, and more.

★ EXPLORE ★
    Investigate derelict space stations and junkyard planets to collect scrap and gain access to new levels.

★ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY ★
    Over 35 levels of gravity-warping fun!

★ REPLAYABILITY ★
    Win badges for speed runs and completion, collect scrap to unlock advanced levels.

★ SPACEBUCKS ★
    A virtual currency you can use to buy stuff in the game. Yeah that’s cool, but this is cooler: you can get Spacebucks for free! Plus, they are from SPACE.

★ OPENFEINT ★
    Integrated with OpenFeint for a great social gaming experience, complete with Achievements and Leaderboards.
    ➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:
    Release:Nov 09, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Inertia : Escape Velocity HD

Over 300,000 downloads of Inertia: Escape Velocity!

"Inertia: Escape Velocity is a shining example of wha…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Over 300,000 downloads of Inertia: Escape Velocity!

"Inertia: Escape Velocity is a shining example of what the little guy can accomplish in today's indie-friendly video game market." - Kotaku

"quite possibly the most elegant physics-defying platformer I’ve played in a long time." - 148Apps

"an entertaining outer space romp with plenty of replay value" - Modojo

"As the game goes on and the pace increases, the sheer kineticism of it all is bound to win you over." - Pocket Gamer

"this one’s definitely worth your time." - Tap! Magazine

Gravity is Going Down! You are Hermes, a high-tech scavenger who can turn his personal gravity on and off at will. Utilize your power to control Inertia to leap, hover, bounce, float, and zoom through intriguing challenges and deadly obstacles in this beautiful 3D platform game.

➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠
    ★ AWARD-WINNING GAMEPLAY ★
    Inertia: Escape Velocity builds on the award-winning gameplay that won Best Non-Professional Game, Achievement in Gameplay, Technical Achievement, and Gamers’ Choice Awards at DICE’s Indie Game Challenge 2011.

★ DEFY PHYSICS! ★
    Manipulate gravity at will to float through levels, bounce off of walls, and negotiate challenges such as attractors, repulsors, accelerators, launchers, force fields, and more.

★ HD ★
    The special HD version features incredible high-resolution graphics that take full advantage of your tablet’s display.

★ EXPLORE ★
    Investigate derelict space stations and junkyard planets to collect scrap and gain access to new levels.

★ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY ★
    Over 35 levels of gravity-warping fun!

★ REPLAYABILITY ★
    Win badges for speed runs and completion, collect scrap to unlock advanced levels.

★ SPACEBUCKS ★
    A virtual currency you can use to buy stuff in the game. Yeah that’s cool, but this is cooler: you can get Spacebucks for free! Plus, they are from SPACE.

★ OPENFEINT ★
    Integrated with OpenFeint for a great social gaming experience, complete with Achievements and Leaderboards.
    ➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:
    Release:Dec 01, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

So I've had this on my wishlist since release (this is the first sale for the HD version), but now I'm hesitant to buy because of the update notes from the last update a couple weeks ago.
    Um okay, so what's the point of the full version then? Anyone have any insight?

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't know specifically, but I would imagine those "unlocks" are via IAPs? Or am I wrong?

It would be pretty pointless if they had a paid version if everything could be unlocked via gameplay in the free version.

This game did look interesting to me.

EDIT: Looks like even the paid version has a butt load of IAPs so I have no idea.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    They're exact the same minus a little "rate me" message in the lite version...

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, that's kind of slimy.

It's bad enough with devs changing paid apps to freemiums. But to have the same exact version that you have to pay for and the only difference is that message?

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I know. And I bought both versions at full price, along with the level packs before they made them available for purchase with in-game cash... Was upsetting.

6. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Meh, I was upset that Beat Hazard Ultra went free for a bit when I paid for it upon launch. Still, it was the 99 cents price, so I can't complain too much.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, loads of games have gone free right after I purchased em... There was a span of about 3 months when almost everything I bought went free the same week I got it. Still doesn't take the sting away no matter how many times it happens.

8. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Lol. Beat Hazard Ultra went free for a week and it was at the most, a month old. And this is from a proven developer for other systems.

Hey Void, question for you. If a developer updates a game a few days after you post a user review, would you update your review or just leave it be?

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    My thing isn't so much if they made it free for a bit but to have both paid and free versions that are essentially the same on the AppStore all the time is not very cool.

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Depends on the game, how much I like it, what all the update includes/changes, how many other reviews the game has ( I generally never review games that have a couple hundred or more reviews...), and if I still have the game on my device or not. =oP