For all you side-scrolling real-time strategy castle defense fans...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pawtklok, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Pawtklok

Pawtklok Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ok so... Here's the deal. One of my favorite genres on the idevice is the side scrolling rts-cd... I've played most if not all of the greats... Trenches crystal wars battle of puppets, more I can't think of right now....

I just recently got epic war 3, and LOVED IT.... The thing that got me hooked on this one is the way your dudes automatically spawn, leaving you to think more about strategy and in what order to send your troops....

So... My question becomes this.... Anyone happen to know of another ss rts cd game that has your troops spawning on their own... (and btw if u haven't played epic war 3 and am not sure what I mean... I think there may be a flash version of it somewhere...)

Thanks in advance for the recommendations :)

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Castle Conflict falls into this category.

3. Legendary Wars

Legendary Wars Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    President - Liv Games
    Orange County
    Had to reply to this. You will love Legendary wars.

heres a few quotes:

this game is the new standard for any future Castle Attack/Defense game. Truly Legendary! 5 Stars. A game that is truly legendary.

http://gamodis.com/?p=1151

"It reaps polish and charm. And it is those little touches that has this game standing head and shoulders above the crowd." -nodpad

http://nodpad.com/2011/01/11/hands-on-preview-of-legendary-wars-releasing-soon/

egendary Wars has a fantastic look to it-- every character is sharply detailed and well-animated. Plus, the game has a fun sense of humor. This is the very first iPhone game from Liv Games, and we're impressed by its quality!
    -Slidetoplay

Already submitted to apple so were excited to see it coming very soon :)

h

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    legendary wars. out soon.
    Dark lords.

i love battle of puppets BTW

edit. ^ ha you beat me to it!

5. Pawtklok

Apr 16, 2010
    Well then... Excited for legendary wars then....

Yea bop was fun it's true.... And already have dark lords (love the silhouette art style)

6. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Castle Conflict for sure.

7. Pawtklok

Apr 16, 2010
    After watching some vids and such, castle conflict doesn't fit what I'm looking for.... Yes it's a ss-rts-cd game... Bt I'm not just looking for one... I'M lookin for one where yer troops are spawned automatically... In epic war your troops spawn on their own, and you choose who to send forward or hang back or what....

But castle conflict does look fun... Don't get me wrong... I'm just lookin for something more specific :)

8. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Dark Lords was a complete joke. I bet the developers didn't even test their own game properly before releasing it. There's about as much "strategy" and "thinking" in that game as eating an apple. I beat like the first 10 levels or so by repeatedly tapping the lower left corner of the screen, ie the basic soldier unit, overwhelming the enemy side in under a minute with a massive army, while the enemy was busy spending time creating expensive units.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Play trenches online for the time being while you wait for LW xD. It's a hell of a lot fun with other people, especially friends.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Legendary Wars will be out soon. I had the pleasure in testing it and it was AWESOME!

11. Pawtklok

Apr 16, 2010
    By the way... For those folllowing along with this thread... I just found another nifty game that just came out... Paladog.... It's in the same category but has some nifty twists that I like (like a soloman's castle type lvl up)... Anyways there a lite version out too so I suggest you all check it out

12. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    to defend dark lord, its easy in the beginning, especially the 1 star missions. about halfway thru the game is when the strategy comes in. the later 3 star missions are actually very difficult.

13. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Trenches possible- or try warlords inc.

14. Pawtklok

Apr 16, 2010
    Have both trenches and warlords.... Didn't like warlords... Not a huge fan of the multiple path style of this genre.... Trenches is fun but again, not an automatic troop spawn :p

I'm starting to tink epic war is the only one that has that feature

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I found Epic War insanely easy (I didnt bother with the caves of trials, I know they are harder) with no fast forward button, but each to their own.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    LW is out haha.

17. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    if you have iPad i suggest Corpse Craft. it has a great art style and fun puzzle mechanics as well.