Roller Coaster Ride what kind of software they use?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ooftish, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ooftish

ooftish Member

May 18, 2009
    I am a small time independent iPhone game developer. Recently I have published my first game Lions Play (http://itunes.com/apps/LionsPlay). I have couple of other new game concepts. But I would like to improve game play area.

I really like Digital Chocolate game publisher. I came from Java/J2EE world and new to gaming world. I need little bit advice on what kind of software package they use for building these game. Or do they have their own home grown software package ?

All these continuous roller coaster all are png files stick together and all cart and people are small png files and move them in constant speed ...?

If somebody can give some advice or guidance, I will greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

Ravi
    http://www.ooftish.com

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Not sure what Digital Chocolate use but there are several game building tools and engines that works on the iphone.

I recommend Unity3d. It has a world editor and supports several scripting languages and it has great documentation.

Having tried several engines, as a designer, i think Unity is miles ahead of the competition but don't take my word for it. Download some of the trial versions of the various engines and see for yourself:)

3. ooftish

ooftish Member

May 18, 2009
    I have evaluated Unity 3D, they have lot of proprietary software and also there is no Objective C or C/C++ interface. That looses lot of flexibility in programming. Most of my games involves heavy Objective C/C++ coding and wrote code flexible for other platforms.
    Any body out there who can give me some advice
    Thanks

Ravi

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Well, the only way to be in complete control of your game is to just use pure code.

Wrong forum, btw.