Games like walking dead and the wolf among us?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darklord1011, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Well as per recommendations from here, i purchased all season packs of

Walking dead season 1 & 2.

By the way the season 2 episode 2 will be released anytime now, as per telltale games.

So thats awesome!!

And i got wolf among us all packs too,
    Now these games genre got me hooked up so if anyone knows more games as such episodic series, please let me know.

2. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Hmmm... Do you mean adventure games? Those tow aren't your run of the mill adventure games but I guess that's the genre they fit best in... Have you tried republique?

3. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I believe Telltale's Back to the Future is quite similar, though obviously the story isn't anywhere near as dark.

4. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    There's also Jurassic park

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    TWAU and TWD are very effective at the story telling bit (which is the meat of their gameplay), mainly because of the theme.

If you like Jurassic Park is also pretty good, but lacking IMO in giving you more control. The area-travel mechanic for one would have been so much better if they gave you a virtual joystick instead.

In this genre, i also like Yesterday, Lost Echo and Stargate SG-1, although SG-1 is only just 2 episodes in so far.

6. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks for your recommendations and others, i may take a look into them.