1024 - FREE ( Threes clone)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Snozberry, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012

1024!

Xun Yang
    *************************** Bug Fixed. I'm so sorry for the crush. *************************** *****60 Countries TOP10*…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *************************** Bug Fixed. I'm so sorry for the crush. *************************** *****60 Countries TOP10***** 1024 HAS SWEPT THE WORLD ! "Can't let it go" - Review "The Original ONE!" - Gabriele Cirulli New Game Play is COMING! Try this beautiful and addicted game, challenge your mind and imagination. From the kid to the king, grow your little characters, and try to make the final "2048"! ` Endless challenge from one simple game mode ` Swipe to play, easy to learn ` An endearing cast of little characters ` Colorful design for everybody
    Information
    Seller:Xun Yang
    Genre:Card, Family
    Release:Feb 27, 2014
    Updated:Apr 29, 2014
    Version:1.91
    Size:15.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Multiple of 4?

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Will try to play it.

4. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    8 bit 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024... I get it.

5. beebar

beebar Active Member

Feb 18, 2013
    student
    Thanks! Downloaded and played this!
    Yes, this is a clone of threes, but game overall looks very good. I haven't played the original one, but i like 1024! Great visuals, smooth gameplay, pretty sounds. Pretty good game, even include the fact that its a clone

6. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    ^ I haven't played the original as well. And I feel a little bad for downloading and liking this game.

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #7 Snozberry, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    I don't usually condone clones, but there isn't really any way to play a demo of threes, or to test out the concept, to see if you want to make the purchase ..I played this game the other day and it's what caused me to finally buy threes, so not all clones are bad, or take money away from the original devs.
    Now, having both versions on my device, I must say I play them both equally. both have their strong points.
    1024 is slightly different to threes, there's a dead tile on the board for a start, and secondly, you don't always need to trap a pair against a wall to make them combine. Threes has more polish, you can preview your moves, and I love the characters and sound effects (when they work on my device)
    When I over play Threes and cannot stand to play another round, I can somehow manage to stomach a round of 1024 though, it's just that little bit different to keep it fresh when you need a break from the other.
    At the end of the day I love them both, and won't hold it against 1024 for borrowing the concept, because atleast they out a slightly different twist on the gameplay, and the gaming world is basically about doing just that, it's a constant evolution of the same crap, over and over, until it feels kinda new again.
    If you take the numbers out of Threes, you'll notice it's just a reskin of triple town. But again, I don't hold it against threes, triple town also borrowed its match 3 concept, and so on and so forth, evolution, don't hate the cloner, hate the game. ;)
    Don't get me wrong though, I hate a blatant clones that adds nothing new to the table, and is just there in an attempt to bleed your wallet dry.
    This is definitely not the case with 1024 though, it's a lovely little tribute to threes with no IAP.

8. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

1-star for this crap.

0 creativity. Just trying to get attention using Threes! game.

The multiples won't give the same experience, so no, it's not even close to the "real thing". And for f's sake, the original thing costs a couple dollars. You own a goddam expensive device. Shell out a couple of dollars when it's worth.

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I was waiting for a clone. It was only a matter of time.

10. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Nice clone with slightly different playing mechanic. Could I suggest to devs to add a button for sound effects only?

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Threes is better, this one has bit different mechanic. there's a "zero" wall here, the graphic isn't HD enough on my ipad. If you want to buy threes, you may give this one a shot first.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    A lot of fun. Got me to think I might actually enjoy Threes. Like a lite version. Considering buying the real thing now.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The fact that you have no idea what the next piece is going to be and that it will randomly appear in any blank space on the board makes for a far shallower, less strategic experience than Threes!

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I tried both 1024 and Threes! I played more of Threes!

Losing the mechanic of the 1 and 2 tiles hurt the fun in 1024...

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Finding this much much easier than threes, the mechanics are a little different.
    It does say on the app info made for 9-11 year olds, and it would probably be better for that age group to play rather than threes itself as you don't need as much strategic planningin my opinion.

It's fun and if it gets more people to buy threes then that's probably a good thing, soundtrack is nowhere near as good as threes.

16. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #16 mrbiggles, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    never heard of this or threes! PUZZLEjuice is cool by threes! maker ;) i don't follow new games etc.

read many are mad it's a rip-off the the original better game threes!?

Threes!

Sirvo LLC
    Threes is tiny puzzle that grows on you. This is the buy-once-play-forever version. ³ Apple Game of the Year 2014!! ³ A…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Threes is tiny puzzle that grows on you. This is the buy-once-play-forever version. ³ Apple Game of the Year 2014!! ³ Apple Design Award 2014 Winner ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ “You might as well delete Candy Crush Saga now.” ~ Pocket Gamer “It's surprisingly adorable, for a game starring numbers.” ~ Joystiq “It’s the kind of game that embosses the rules on your brain within 30 seconds, but then compels you to spend the next two hours playing.” ~ Pocket Tactics ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Explore our little game’s deep challenge and grow your mind beyond imagination. Optimized for iOS8 and human brains. Universal app for iPhone and iPads. ³ Endless challenge from one simple game mode ³ An endearing cast of characters ³ A heart-warming soundtrack ³ No IAP - Threes is a complete experience the moment you download it Honorably mentioned for Excellence in Design by the Independent Games Festival. ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ From the makers of PUZZLEJUICE: ³ Designed by Asher Vollmer ³ Illustrated by Greg Wohlwend (Ridiculous Fishing, Hundreds) ³ Scored by Jimmy Hinson (Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 2) ³ Optimized by Hidden Variable (Bag It!, Tic Tactics) ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Threes grows with you and you’ll grow with Threes.
    Information
    Seller:Sirvo LLC
    Genre:Card, Puzzle
    Release:Feb 06, 2014
    Updated:Feb 28, 2021
    Version:3.0.1
    Size:93.3 MB
    User Rating: (110)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

17. Diaboliq

Diaboliq Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    This is shameful.. The dev of Threes! should be able to sue for royalties on this garbage

18. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    agree, think i would be a mad dev having a clone game go free to take away money from getting great reviews and or price drops :mad:

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I bought Threes! the first week it came out, and I still play it. 1024 is no Threes!, it's the worst kind of clone: it was made to look exactly like Threes! but without any of the substance that made it such a great puzzle game. At least it's free.

20. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I agree this is no THREES.
    1024 is a cheap clone.
    It has no style and the sound is not even close to THREES.