Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Same here Glory! I had to postpone on my Emerald egg and still couldn't get that second Gift yet! :(

2. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Have you tried breeding Gift/Reindeer? Got my second that way. Good luck!

3. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Yes I did, got nothing but a ton of Evergreens. I'm using Flower/Lichen and Plant/Frostfire after seeing it on the wiki page. If I don't get anything by the time the combo for the gemstone comes out, I'm probably just going to buy it.

4. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Started with Gift/reindeer, switched to Flower/Lichen. Lots of fast fails at least

5. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Happy new years every one. Finally got the Sakura dragon. Last of the come-back dragons i was missing.
    Just got another Ruby dragon too that i will display.

Question...is the Gift dragon permanent?

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    THe Garnet Dragon is in the market.

7. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah I just saw that. Sandbox doesn't seem to have called it yet. Rats, I just filled up my hatchery with Rusts (Platinum fails). Platinum is killing me, I've used most of my gems on speeding up Rust fails. 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, over and over. :(

8. glory87

Dec 2, 2011
    At least rust sells decently. But I feel your pain.

9. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah, that's what I told myself the first 25 or so times. Gaak!! :eek: Right now I'm pretty well off in the dragon cash department so it doesn't mean very much but, yes it's something. ;) Thanks for feeling my pain...

10. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Still no LY for me :-(

Happy New Year everyone! :D

Looks like my chances of getting a much wanted second LY is now looking very grim....have managed 3 rainbows.... Oh joy (not)

Still trying your combo Foxy (seaweed/firefly) also tried lichen/mag....used more gems than I would have liked to hurry fails up...this feels like the déjàvue for me, same deal when LY came out...only just scrapped in with one before time ended....haven't even attempted platinum yet....

Good news is I finally just hatched a second turquoise for my egg display yesterday had given up on that happening, plus I managed to get a second paper dragon...yay!!!!

Oh well, I gave it my best shot....darn you LY :p

Good luck with garnet guys/gals ;)

11. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Happy New Year everyone.

I had a good run on the limiteds. 3 Leap Years (2 from failures on Pearl and Emerald) and 2 Loves. Also got Ruby, Peridot and Pearl eggs. Only thing that I didn't get was an Emerald egg, (Was not doing the eggs when they first came out:() Sorry to say that I got so many Blue Moons that I stopped counting.

@Girlpower, I got my first LY with Firefly/snow if it is any help this late in the game.

12. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Happy New Year!

Just managed to get my second Gift with Flower/Lichen! Too bad there won't be a chance for me to get my Emerald egg until March rolls around again (sigh)...

@GP: If I remember correctly, I got my first LY with Mud/Blazing while trying for Rainbow way back then.

Good luck and congrats to all of you who got their dragons! ^.^

13. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Got my three leap years with quicksilver and ghost - this combo also got me my two glaciers. Now I just need platinum and now garnet.

Garnets are my favourite gemstone, hope the combo is out soon... Red and abrasive... Will have to have a think about that!

14. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Wiki says Garnet = Smoke + Obsidian :p

15. glory87

Dec 2, 2011
    Yay for 12 hour fails! I guess it's better than crystal fails.

16. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @dean, AK, distar.....thanks so much for sharing your LY combos, I will give these a try if time permits, bless your helpful hearts ;)

Good luck with Garnet :)

17. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7617 Foxtail2010, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Sweet! Garnet on first try! Maybe it's payback for all the Platinum fails. :rolleyes: Obsidian/Smoke - I like when they use a combo of new dragons.

@GP- good luck with LY #2! If you miss out, at least you can still breed the LY you have with a Rainbow. Quicksilver/Ghost is an interesting LY combo, but with lots of big time fail possibilities. Grats on Paper and Turquoise!

18. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats on the Garnet ! I decided to wait till tomorrow to try since half the failures are limiteds and I still need the Emerald egg.

Just got two Ghost failures (12 hrs 30min) but guess I will have one more try tonight before Emerald is gone till May. I remember that this is why I did not do the eggs the first time around, it took me almost the entire month to get the Emerald dragon :(

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Well as I begin going for Garnet I figured I'd look back at what I picked up from the limited dragon explosion.

Leap Year - 3
    Blue Moon - 3
    Paper - 2
    Sakura - 2
    Bloom - 2
    Butterfly - 2

As well as 2 Gifts and my second Apocalypse.

Overall a successful last couple weeks in December for me.

Now onto the long fails of Garnet...

20. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    My results from the limited dragon explosion were so-so. On the one hand, I got the two limited dragons I was missing (equinox and Paper, i even managed a second paper). On the other hand, I tried for ages for a second love, sakura, butterfly, and present, and NADA. So I guess it went ok. Still trying for a second Apocalypse and present, and soon to try for the new garnet.