Bacon - New Line-Drawing Puzzle game coming December 5th!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

#1 Raph3Arts, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

"Bacon - The Game" will be released on December 5th for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch!

Gameplay Trailer :

Raphael here, from 3Arts Studio, Quebec, Canada, to present you the very first images of our brand new game for iOS, named - wait for it - BACON!!!!

Who doesn't love bacons?! Seriously, everyone loves those sweet little slices of pork, for breakfast, for lunch, or even for a midnight yummy-yummy. That's exactly the feeling we want to give you with this game, we wouldn't want to ruin this delicious meal!

Since PokerTower, our first game, we developped and designed this little gem of our from the ground-up, waving through different game and art styles, debating for the best and the worse. So today we are very proud and excited to show you our first screenshots. Take a look :

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Basically, Bacon is a line-drawing puzzle game where, in each room, you must remember where the walls and the obstacles are, and avoid them to eat as much bacons as possible! But watch out, everytime you eat a bacon, you gain weight, thus making you wider. The fatter you are, the harder it is to avoid walls.

The game will feature more than 150 rooms, many powerups, avatars, and tons, TONS of bacons! Even sweet maple-flavored bacons! It will also have many achievements and leaderboards, and will include some game-tracking stats!

We will also be very pleased to answer any questions you may have about the game, and don't be shy to ask them here!

Until next time, we wish you all bon appétit!

Raphael Blanchet - 3Arts Studio

[​IMG]

2. Raph3Arts

#2 Raph3Arts, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Update #1 - October 1st

Here's the first pic of our brand new Kitchen System, in which you can cook Maple Bacons used to trade for in-game items! Take a look and enjoy! :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

I'm passing by to announce you that we are starting the beta test signup! All you have to do is send us a PM here on Touch Arcade with the following infos :

1-Your name
    2-E-mail Address
    3-Device and iOS Version
    4-UDID
    5- A smile :)

That's all you have to do! You can also post a quick reply here in order for us to see your interest in the game! The beta tests will begin in a week or two, and we will contact you by e-mail if you are chosen!

We really hope you'll like our game and we wish you good luck for entering the beta phase!

Have a nice day! :)

P.S We also updated the second post with new screenshots for our new Kitchen system, go take a look!

4. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Here I am once again to tell you that beta tests will begin next week, october 8th! Don't forget to signup to get a chance to be part of the team and test our game before everyone else!!!

We also worked a lot on the game today, adding a lot of great Game Center achievements and leaderboards, statistics and levels, raising the number to 50 by the time I am writing this!!

If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them here, we'll answer them as soon as possible!!

'Till next time, we wish you a great day/night, depending on where you're from! :)

-Raph3Arts-

5. Raph3Arts

One more quick update!

Beta tests begin today! For those who signed up, you'll receive an e-mail with all the informations needed in order to be able to play the game! We also have a Test Flight account, so if you prefer it that way just tell us!

If you didn't signed up yet for the beta, you can always do it even if the tests have started, we still need a lot of people! Just send us a Private Message with the following informations :
    1-Your name
    2-E-mail Address
    3-Device and iOS Version
    4-UDID
    5-A smile :)

Also, for those of you who beta tested our first game, PokerTower, we sent you an e-mail to inform you about our game and the possibility to test our new game, you just have to answer it back!

Until then, have a very nice day! :)

-Raph3Arts-

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Does it matter if I'm in the uk? Also what is udid? I'd deffo like to try but not done testing before. Does that matter?

7. Raph3Arts

It really doesn't matter if you're in the UK, you are more than welcome to join us! Also, for the UDID you can obtain it via iTunes, when your device is plugged in, you must click on the serial number (On the informations page of your device) and then the UDID will show up!

Thank you for your interest in the game and hope you will like it as much as we do! :)

8. Raph3Arts

Hey guys long time no see! ;)

We have a lot of things going on right now for our project, and since we last came here, new things were added to the game!

First of all, we added powerups, that will help the player through its journey! Those powerups are :
    -Third Eye : See the level for 5 seconds
    -Shield : Everyone deserves a second chance! (Protect you from your first collision)
    -Magnet : When you stop walking, the magnet is activated, allowing you to get unreachable bacons

We also added inks and avatars, which allow you to personalize your experience with the game! We have more than 15 different inks, and about 10 different avatars including those ones (my personal favorites) :

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also, for those who were wondering, our game will be free-to-play, including different IAPs which will enhance your experience, but those are COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, they are only there to help you! You also have the possibility to "Cook" Maple Bacons that you will trade for many things, like the avatars.

We are also planning to release the game by the end of Fall 2013.

Have a wonderful evening everyone, and don't forget that if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

Raphaël Blanchet
    3Arts Studio

P.S. A gameplay trailer is coming really soon!!

9. Raph3Arts

Hi guys & girls!

As promised, we just uploaded on youtube our first gameplay trailer for the game! Hope you'll enjoy it! Here it is!

First Gameplay Trailer :

We will upload the first version of the game very soon to Apple, so stay tuned for more info on a release date!

Have a nice week-end!

Raphaël Blanchet
    3Arts Studio

10. Raph3Arts

Hi folks! :D

Big big week upcoming! First, we just uploaded the official support blog for the game, go take a look, we really think we did a good job on this one : Blog. Here you'll be able to contact us for any comments you may have about the game, or even submit a bug report.

We are also planning to make tons of levels in the following days in order to be able to submit the game to Apple next week! We really can't wait for you to grab our awesome (and tasty) game!

We are also planning to record a full gameplay trailer that will show you all the game's features and the main in-game engine, including some levels and the never-seen-before Kitchen system.

Keep coming back this week for some really cool updates about the game as we get closer and closer to the release date!

Have a wonderful evening!

11. Raph3Arts

#11 Raph3Arts, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Gameplay Trailer

Hi guys! :D

As promised here's the full gameplay trailer for our upcoming game, Bacon! In this video, we run trough different features such as In-Game engine, grocery store, kitchen system, and more!

This week we really polished the game a lot and created a lot of levels. We also added more inks, raising the number to 20 different inks and 7 avatars! We are really getting closer to the release date, and we literally can’t wait to show you our final product!

Have a wonderful week-end! :)

Raphaël Blanchet
    3Arts Studio

12. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Sorry for our lack of presence recently, it's been a really busy week for us, as we fixed a lot of minor bugs and created tons of levels! But we finally made it, the game has just been sent out to Apple today! If the review process goes on as expected, we fixed the release date for December 5th! We really hope that you are all as excited as we are! We are very proud of the final product!

We'll keep you in touch during the review process!!

Have a wonderful evening!

Raphael
    3Arts Studio

13. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Maybe a promo code to try the game before release?

14. Raph3Arts

Well, the game has not been approved by Apple yet, so we can't provide any promo codes right now, but once it is approved we can indeed share some with you guys! :) Just keep following the thread as we'll post them here, probably on next friday!

15. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Awesome news!! :D The game just had been approved by Apple for release, which means it will be available next week, on December 5th, as planned!! We also worked on new features for a future update, which will be ready approx. one week after the release. These new features will include a Hardcore Mode, which hides everything in the room, but double your score, and also a beautiful 'Night' Theme to help your eyes during the darker hours! Here's how it will looks like :

[​IMG]

And finally, here's some free Promo Codes for 5 lucky guys who will be able to download the game before everyone else!!

FH9A9YAMXFT3
    J6LLMHMAPAYH
    76YXH36YJRAL
    FRFJ76AW43H7
    EKFFJRLN7J3E

Have fun, and have a good evening! :)

Raphaël Blanchet
    3Arts Studio

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've been looking forward to this very much, managed to redeem FH9A9YAMXFT3, thank you so very much for the code.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Darn! I'm mad I missed the beta for this... I'm sorry that you guys were kinda talking to yourselves for a while )':

J6LLMHMAPAYH is taken by me, I'll post some early feedback. IMO this game deserves more attention from TA! Good work Devs :)

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow I'm really liking this! A cool twist on line drawing games, plus some juicy bacon jokes!

19. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Spent some time with this, this morning while eating my bacon sandwich of all things lol, anyways, I love the minimal design, it's makes the levels look easier than they actually are, it's so much more than simply drawing a line, you need to allow for the arrow to grow in size as it collects the bacon, and your line can only be so long, I can see this demanding a lot of logic in later levels. There are iaps for bacon, which you buy power ups with but from what I can see so far they are totally optional, it's a great unique take on Line drawing puzzles and worth a look.

20. Raph3Arts

Thank you really much to both of you for your comments about the game! We are glad you could pick up a code to play before everyone else! :)

Even if we did talked a little bit to ourselves during the development, we felt the need to continuously update the game as we were building a small community around the game, and we wanted to show everyone following the thread how much we love our game and how great it's gonna be!

We also hope you'll like the next update we're working on right now, it's not a big deal, but Hardcore mode really adds an immense difficulty to the game ;)

Have a good day!