Someone please make me feel better about the new release list

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Balloon Loons, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm pretty bummed at the moment about the new release list being removed by apple. I have no idea how you can get eyes on a game now. It was hard enough WITH the list in place. Now....UGH

2. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
  3. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Yea I did see this. I was just hoping someone had some good news or new info that wasn't stated yet.

I'm confused though. There actually is a list called "new" although its only like one page long. Isn't this the list of new apps? Why is it only a few apps long even if you hit see more? I know there is also a list called "new and noteworthy" but that's a separate and different list than "new". So what I'm asking is. Is the new release list really removed from the App Store or is it just renamed to "new"

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That New list has about 100 items, at least in the role-playing subcategory. That's quite a bit farther than I ever bothered to check on the original (iOS 5) "New" list. I am still not sure what all the hubbub is all about...

5. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    I think people just don't understand how the new system works just yet. So I am guessing that when an app is released it goes on this list for a day or two and then is gone. Essentially the same thing that happened before. Am I right? Each subcategory has its own "new" list as well. So maybe there really is nothing to worry about upon further examination. Right?