ITunes Update Approval Times

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TinyKitty, Jun 12, 2013.

1. TinyKitty

TinyKitty Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    House Elf
    I've been waiting for a couple of updates to my favourite games and was wondering how long they normally take?

The devs have posted that they have submitted the updates and it has been more than a week already.

Thanks!

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #2 Appletini, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    How long an app/update takes to process depends on a number of factors, so I don't think there'll ever be a reliable fixed timeframe (and review times for both tend to take a hit around Apple events). As a practical example, though, the update for Elder Sign was announced last Monday and just hit the app store a couple of hours ago.

You can use this site to get an idea of average review times, but it isn't a guarantee for any given app.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    With the AppStore as saturated as it is now my guess is that Apple has to hire more Q&A staff or it could be overwhelming. Updates can take from a day to a week or two. Seen all kinds of approval times. Sorry for not being of any help :p

4. TinyKitty

TinyKitty Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    House Elf
    Thanks! :) It has been helpful. Fingers crossed for any day now since it has been more than a week.