Ipad Mini and board game apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ivreal, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ivreal

ivreal Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Hi guys,

I recently got an Ipad Mini and had a question on playing board games on it. I play board games on my iphone, but some games I would have to scroll down or what not to choose an option. (Lords of Waterdeep).
    I've played Ascension which is fine. Agricola it seems different, so I haven't really played much of it yet. Ticket to Ride is fine.

Not sure if I am placing it in the right area, but I wanted to know from a scale of 1-10: Would playing board games on the ipad mini be hassle free (able to make moves)?

Thanks

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Board games work great on my Mini. I haven't found a board game yet that has been a problem on my Mini.

3. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I play Lords of Waterdeep, Eclipse and Carcassone on my iPad mini. All play fantastically well.

4. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Carcassonne, Eclipse, and Talisman Prologue. I would recommend Ascension too but the app is going to be pulled in the middle of 2014. I also highly recommend Agricola but unless you have played the board game version you may find it kinda overwhelming at first.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The retina iPad Mini is treated like an iPad by iOS, so you will get the iPad install and not an enlarged iPhone one...