Closed beta invite

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by romanc, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romanc

romanc Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Dear friends,

We begin the closed beta testing of a new casual racing game for the iPhone and invite you to take part in it.

We would like to deal with responsible persons, and in order to verify your serious intent, we ask you to send us a short text of three to four sentences in which you describe our game based on the attached screenshots.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please send me by the e-mail UDID number of your device and description of the screenshots. If I hear from you something more than "Please add me to the beta-testers list !!!!!", I will answer and send you a version of the game for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

We are going to show our game to 50-70 people prior its launch at the AppStore.

Regards, Roman Cosa
    ([email protected])

2. Peje

Peje Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Email sent

3. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Email sent. What is UDID?

4. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Email sent.

5. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Unique device identifier, the developers need it so you can use the beta. Download Beta Helper, it will allow you to email it to them simple and easily.

6. xiSx

xiSx Well-Known Member

UDID is your unique device identifier.

To find your iPhone's UDID, just plug it into your computer and wait until iTunes recognizes it. Select your phone from the Devices list in iTunes and click the "Summary" tab. To see your UDID, click on the word "serial number" beside the picture of the iPhone. You should see the word "identifer" and an alphanumeric string – this is your UDID.

Source:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/08/iphone-101-find-udid-with-a-single-click/

7. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    You were a little late :)

8. xiSx

xiSx Well-Known Member

Only by a minute :p

9. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah :D

10. romanc

romanc Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    60 spots left

Hey!

We've got 10 applications so far and we still have 60 spots for your UDIDs available.

Regards,

Roman

11. Rman04

Rman04 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Email sent man look forward to hearing from ya.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Email sent.

13. iOctober

iOctober Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Freelance artist / Author
    NYC
  14. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    E-mail sent. Thanks!

15. BlazeX444

BlazeX444 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    email sent :) cant wait to participate.

16. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i did it a few seconds ago

17. romanc

romanc Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    #17 romanc, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    Dear friends ,

I want to thank those of you who have already tried to play our game and sent us their valuable remarks and comments. We are very pleased that most of you have highly appreciated our game and offered a lot of useful changes and improvements.

Unfortunately we are unable to respond personally to everyone, we apologize for it.

Here's a list of hints, which we have received from you.

- Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish colors of cars at high speed.
    Perhaps we will get rid of purple. Also we will make sure that all vehicles conform to the color palette.

- Annoing Tap to Start message on the beginning of the game. We will get rid of it and put a traffic lights instead.

- We are going to use some effects to hightlite scores counter when it increases, because some of you wasn't sure what all the numbers on the top of the screen mean.

- We will add some click sounds to the menu buttons

- There will be a menu item 'Game Rules' with detailed explanation of what to do in the game

- We are going to add more achievements (Thanks, iOctober)

- We will think of making accelerometer sensitivity adjustments in the options menu.

- Probably we change 'tap to pause' feature and make it 'Swipe to pause'

- Probably we will add another asphalt textures to make the game not so repetitive

- We will add a new perk that grants a double points to a player

We continue to work hard to make our game close to perfection, and we still need the help of other participants of this forum, which could spend a little of their time, play the game and send us feedback.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Again, if you want to participate, send me by the e-mail UDID number of your device and description of the screenshots. If I hear from you something more than "Please add me to the beta-testers list !!!!!", I will answer and send you a version of the game for your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Regards, Roman Cosa
    ([email protected])

18. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I have never beta tested before, so before I email I was wondering if you must have jailbreak in order to test? Thanks.

19. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    Email sent, hope I can test :D

20. romanc

romanc Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    adhoc explanation

There is no need to jailbreak. Due to the nature of iPhone/iPod touch development, developers are not able to beta test using the same methods used on other platforms. Instead, we are forced to use what Apple calls "Ad Hoc" distribution so that Apps can be tested prior to submission to the iTunes App store. The Apple method requires pre-registration of beta testers. In order to register them we need to know their devices unique device identifier (UDID) and then create a mobile provisioning file - a security certificate that authorizes that unique device to run the game being tested.