Universal Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny (by Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Even compared to something like Ballistic?

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    They're hard to compare. Ballistic is a purer, more traditional, and probably more difficult ds shooter. It's hectic qualities come mostly from all the enemies involved; Towelfight's action is also a bit hectic, but a lot of the craziness comes from all the effects and projectiles exploding onscreen.

3. Bronxsta

Okay, cool. Read it has a lot of content and an arena mode, so for 0.99, seems like a lot of a game for little

4. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Just picked this up and I had to come on here to say INSTANT AWESOME!! I was totally sold on this as soon as I made it through a room or two! Very fun, and very glad I bought this. .99 well spent! (and then some).

Only complaint is that the controls feel a little off sometimes, but I think with practice and experience I will get used to how it feels. I try to move my character and sometimes it doesn't work because my thumb wasn't in the ummm...stick-zone? lol

5. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I can not figure out how to use Relics :mad:

I have seen an "Activate" button in screen shots posted online like this one:

[​IMG]

But in my game there is only an "Equip" button like this:

[​IMG]

I can't figure out how to use them. Did anyone else have this problem? Perhaps I skipped a step in the tutorial for relics or something :(

6. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    You can only activate certain relics when enemies are around. I think not all of them have activations though, some will give you passive boosts.

I have a question as well, what do silver and golden keys unlock? I've been playing for a couple of hours now and still have no idea what they're for.

7. clarence

clarence Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I just downloaded this a week ago on my ipad1-I haven't seen a game this brilliant on iOS in a very long time, so I'm wondering how on earth its only priced at .99.....great job devs, I'm definitely getting your quadropus game when it's out :)

Anyone found a killer jectile combination? Share please!

8. clarence

clarence Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Anyone found a way to get the random chests in Forn's dungeons to open? Mine always turn into chests with teeth and attack me, so I'm denied the treasure inside. I've never successfully opened a chest in the dungeon (random ones, not the ones indicated on the map). Any tips?

9. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Indeed.

10. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    <deleted wrong thread>

11. Just wanted to say I had fun playing with this game. It was much funner than I expected.

12. Bronxsta

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Got this some time ago. It's fairly fun. Worth a shot trying it with the new model and supporting the guy while you're at it

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #254 Guise, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    Really sad news. This game and Quadropus Rampage are phenomenal, and I urge everyone to check them out/contribute some money. Best wishes and good luck to Sam. Here's hoping he kicks cancer's ass, thoroughly and with impunity.

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Sam is 23... TWENTY-THREE. D@mn. :(

Money is great (and will certainly help, given the odds that the guy can afford private insurance as an indie developer... bring on the ACA...), but I would humbly suggest that people send whatever positive thoughts they have his way as well...

DBC

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    My Dad was 22 when he contracted Hodgkin's Lymphoma; luckily with chemo he came through it... and had me.

My thoughts are with the Butterscotch family at this difficult time and I'm thoroughly looking forward to hearing about how Sam kicked the shit out of cancer.

17. Bronxsta

Perhaps with a Vegetarian Trident of Bailouts?

18. Gage_L

Gage_L New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Anyone know where this game is? And why it disappeared?

19. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Heyo. Sam from butterscotch here. TF2 had an outdated code set on android that required us to pull it down while we work through a minor update on it, and was crashing on iOS8 on itunes. We'll be polishing it up and kicking it back out in the next week or so.

20. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Sounds good, thanks.
    Looking forward to crashlands and any of the smaller games you guys are working on.