[Devlog] Asterism

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Neutronized, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Neutronized

Neutronized Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    #1 Neutronized, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

Asterism is an adventure game about stars, exploration, and love taking place in between our world and a mysterious parallel dimension, home of superior alien beings. A team of scientists is running an experiment to determine if star patterns can be used as a key to communicate with parallel dimensions. The experiment goes wrong and black holes start growing in our world. The first to experience the real danger of this are Jin and his best friend Coy which gets kidnapped by the alien beings and taken into their dimension for apparently no reasons. The team of scientists later find out that Jin is the only one able to travel in and out the parallel dimension due to a special connection he has with Coy. It's now up to Jin to save his friend and our world. Will the love between Jin and Coy prevail upon everything?

Asterism can be considered a sort of Metroidvania with levels. The player will play as Jin and explore his world, traveling between cities and new places in order to find and clear all the black holes. That's where the level based structure comes into action, every time Jin will find and teleport into a black hole the player will face a series of levels to clear with a clever 2D / 3D game mechanic based on perspective.

Release date is TBA. We've been working on this project for 6 months now and there's still a long road ahead to completion. Please feel free to follow this devlog or Neutronized to get the latest new about Asterism. Thanks!

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wow. Could this become the Cave Story of iOS?
    Looks great!

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    looks really good!!! can't wait...

4. Neutronized

Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback.

Cave Story was a great source of inspiration. We wanted to make a sort of Metroidvania game with hopefully a genuine story and feeling.The in-game day-night is aiming at making the game experience possibly more immersive and mesmerizing.

The level based sessions is based on a 2D/3D game mechanic similar to the one in FEZ as you can see from this GIF.

[​IMG]

Game has no virtual pad or buttons. It's all based on a clever and stress-free touch interface.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks fantastic. Do you need any beta testers? If so, I'm definitely in.

6. snowblzr

snowblzr Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Exactly what I'm thinking. This looks like it's inspired by Cave Story and plays like Fez and I can't wait.

7. Neutronized

Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    Hey, thanks for the feedback! :)

[​IMG]

Here's the real time day-night cycle in Asterism. In-game time and backgrounds will change according to player's local time. Some shops have different opening time and NPCs will change too.

There are no color filters coming into action, we prefer to redraw each background for every phase even if it's unfortunately more time consuming.

We'll surely let you know when testers are needed, thanks for asking.

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    This looks so good count me in if you need testers

9. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    Any news recently?