No Brake!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by inevitablegames, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inevitablegames

Dec 10, 2009
    Graphics Designer
    #1 inevitablegames, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hi Guys!

It's finally ready for sale!!

Here's app store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/no-brake-ultimate-survival-driving/id352476136?mt=8

I'm giving away 3 promo codes, so please pm me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imagine driving your car on busy highway, going past the speed limit as you skillfully weave through traffic. Suddenly, cops appear on your tail, but you just keep going faster and faster. You realize the accelerator is stuck, and worst - you've got no brakes!

No Brake! is a fast-paced game of survival on the road. Players control a car driving on a busy highway with the accelerator stuck and with no brakes to slow down. While your speed constantly increases, you must avoid deadly collisions and determined cops who are out to get you. Do you have a fighting chance? Of course! Players have 2 special abilities – “Time Shift” and “Super Charge” that could help them survive.

* Time Shift - This will let you drive normally while everything else becomes super-slow. Extremely useful if you encounter any “oh-my-god-there-is-not-enough-time-to-get-there” situation.

* Super Charge - Your car becomes super charged with speed and armor for a certain period of time. Just go and crash into any car! – your car will destroy everything in its way.

Features

* Adrenaline-packed driving thrills
    * 16 achievements to earn points for car upgrades
    * 12 basic upgrades plus 3 special upgrades
    * Global leaderboard system through OpenFeint
    * Easy & intuitive touch control
    * Intense background music and sound effects with positional audio
    * Vibration support for selected devices

Basic Instructions

* To drive your car to the left, just tap anywhere on the left half of game screen. Tapping on the right half of the screen will move your car to the right.

* If you directly hit another car, your car will crash and the game will end.

* You can push away smaller cars and cops at the cost of some HPs. When your HP gets too low, your car and the HP bar will be flashing.

* Cops will appear and chase you from time to time. Once they catch up to your speed, they will aggressively push your car. You can either lead them to crash or evade them.

* To use special skills, press the buttons on the dash.

* Or you can activate the skills with dragging gestures. Tap&drag upward anywhere on the game screen to use Super Charge, and downward to use Time Shift.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks good!

From the 16 achievements, what is the total amount of points available from them?

3. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    LOL I knew you'd ask that. You achievement whore, you. :p

4. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol of course I would. Devs aren't usually around to ask this question too :)

It's valuable information to have when considering a purchase of a game.

5. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Haha, why don't you become a Crystal fan too, when Guerilla Bob comes out? Personally, Crystal's much better than OF to me.

6. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You've used crystal?

Idk, I'll try crystal...but I can't say if either is better without playing both....

7. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Yeah, I got my hands on all of the GB builds. Crystal is sick, and I'm #1 on the GB leaderboards. :p

The reason I think Crystal is better is because you can custom skin it to fit the game - if GH had Open Feint then it'd be drab, green, silver, and black. In Crystal, there's like a dead cow skull stuck in the desert, and it's dark red and flashy.

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh ok....

Well, lol I wouldn't base a service better by the skins it offers :p

Besides, you can customize OF. Look what aqua globs did.

But the features it has, the new OF 2.4 has a bunch of cool things. (I don't have any idea what crystal offers, haven't looked into it much) But I'll try it out for sure.

9. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Well, I like the layout better too. Things are on the left side, and the items just look much more flashy and cool, not to mention the colored font is pretty kickass too. All in all, you should try it out - I'm loving it. Though it doesn't have as many features as OF 2.4, I find I like it better for some reason.

Oh, and since you're a mod, you should probably delete the last few posts of conversation we had. COMPLETELY irrelevant to the topic. :p

10. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    On the left like Agon?

Lol, it's a good convo though :p (and I'm almost positive the dev doesn't mind his thread being bumped by all our posts ;))....but if he wants them deleted, up to him...

11. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Don't know what you mean. Never tried Agon. It pissed me off because some games wouldn't let me play without registering...

I'll post a pic of the GB Crystal layout though.

12. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh ok here's Agon's layout:

[​IMG]

13. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
  14. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  15. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Can't save, copy, or paste pictures. :(

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Is this the conversation thread? Well I got a dog yesterday and I was wondering...

Anyways, the game looks really good! I also like the fact you are having achievments. *hint*some people*hint* cant get enough of them...

17. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So do I...

But I don't know anyone like that.

18. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    No, I don't either. Who could it be? Let's play a game - "Find the Achievement Whore."

I think I just did.

19. inevitablegames

Dec 10, 2009
    Graphics Designer
    Wow

HaHaHa, I thought "OMG! what the heck is going on with my post! Everyone's going crazy on my game!" :)

Anyway, thanks all for your interests.

As for the achievement points, you can earn up to 123 points and you need 116 points to get all upgrades. :)

As soon as the game gets approved on App Store, I will throw a few promo codes here. Stay tuned!

20. ASB

ASB Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    You're game looks awesome, I hope you put a gameplay video up soon. :)