Gameloft games not loading- solutions?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by highlyrefinedpirate, Mar 19, 2010.

1. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I recently purchased Earthworm Jim and Real Soccer 2010 during the Gameloft sales, played both of them right when I downloaded them, and they worked without a problem.

Now, I haven't been able to load either game since the first time I played, and it is very frustrating. I open the app, it goes to a black screen, and then quits back to my home page.

Does anyone have any solutions to fix this problem? Judging by the reviews of these games I know I am not alone in having this happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Maybe try restarting your ipod, or reinstalling the games.

3. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    I've been having the same problems with Earthworm Jim, and I tried reinstalling AND restarting, multiple times. Nothing worked. I had the same problem with Blades Of Fury for awhile, but it seems to work now. I'm just hoping to fix EW Jim soon :eek:

4. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Had to delete BIA2 because of crash at end of level problem, reinstalling allowed me to progress beyond mission 1 but then it just got stuck at the end of mission 3 :(

5. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Free up some memory, then. Buy Free Memory, or hard reboot, or if you're jailbroken, use SBSettings' 'free up memory' button.

All these work for me when my GL games don't work.

6. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Is system activity monitor worth the $3? It seems to be the only free memory in the AppStore now, but some reviews say it doesn't work.

Maybe I'll try and delete some music before I buy it.

7. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Whao.. they removed Free Memory there's only Free Memory Lite which costs $.99 and doesnt let you free memory Read this: http://www.recessionapps.com/Free_Memory.html

Well it's made by the same dev... But 3 dollars??? I'm not sure if it's worth it...

8. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    That works for all my other games (got Free Memory awhile ago) but only Earthworm Jim no longer works. I'll redo my iPod hahaha Apparently there's a update... Hopefully that'll fix it.