People of TA's Past

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kamazar, Aug 10, 2010.

1. I won't be part of that group, I'm over a year old on this forum....and yet it seems like less time has gone by

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I lurked without joined a lot longer, but yeah I guess I'm relatively new here too.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yep. Frankly, I don't miss it much. But then again I always came to TA for the games, not the nonesense ;).

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah but if it was fun nonsense, then TA was filled with Fun & Games back then! :eek:

How could you not miss that :confused:

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    JBRUU start another thread that we can fill with utter intelligent wackery!

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I don't ever remember the lounge forum being mega active

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I once considered starting a flame war & trolling thread so that the mods would only have to bother policing that one thread, but I figured they enjoy checking out & interacting with the rest of TA so much that I'll just hold off on my brilliant creation until some other time.

Same goes for a spam thread. Accepts both the meat and the gibberish.

I think, though, my next thread masterpiece will be something along the kjib lines...i dunno, anyone up for a toejam or belly button lint thread?

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not since kijib has been gone at least. I was a young one at the time. Now, I'm almost at four years.. Sometimes, I'm surprised I'm still around since starting college over a year ago. I post a lot less now, especially when it comes to longer posts, but I generally still read everything.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Old geezer.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I came for the games, stayed for the nonsense ;)
    You don't get into Devil's 10k+ posts club without a mega active Lounge!

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Listen to the genius! Your ramblings are gold!
    Could you start a philosophical thread..maybe ask the big questions like why we game?!? I always wanted to deconstruct that!

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    There's already a spam thread.

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Anyone remember these names from long ago? Probably only a few will because back then not too many names had a big following but still were quite active when TA was in its infancy stage, some may still be around even.

Quickwit, pablo19, Brett Archibald, McGill, BattleBorn, Paulio, Klondike, hkiphone, Snow-mani, Fazzy, istopmotion, Galaxius, gelKota, spmwinkle, Manta Research, razorianfly, ianlow, gelKota, Wegmans, RM Imagery, Kamazar, TRIPLE BEAM DREAM, Wiesse, PoV, Kennfusion, yourofl10, RPGGuy, VoodooVyper, Donburns99, 1337brian (a mod now).

14. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok belly button lint is it !

15. It's funny when you think of seniority here and actual age on this board. Some people post like an old man, yet you find out later that they are teenagers. And then you get some that are actually old, but play like young trolls. In most places, you can tell people's age by looks. Here, people really surprise me sometimes. And it makes it even harder cause not only is their seniority but number of posts too.

Have the other sections of Toucharcade change alot over the years? I've never spent much effort starting threads in the lounge cause they seem to die fast, even though some like movies still seems to go strong.

16. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    The What song are you listening to thread is great and keeps staying fresh and interesting mainly because of Syntheticvoid! Thanks SV

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Most of it seems the same to me, but there was more of a "family" feel to the lounge. I think part of the reason it died is because people were accused of creating some kind of inner circle at other people's expense, but to me it was just a bunch of friendly regulars. Now I roam the forums alone, occasionally seeing a familiar username but more often than not having to interact with strangers whose existence means nothing to me. Sigh.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes I often wonder how old some of these people are...

But really like you've said I've seen kids post like adults and 20-somethings behave like spoiled brats. And I can (but won't) name names (many are banned, fortunately).

19. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Yeah, I remember gelKota...or something similar...
    ;)

20. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Anyone remember me?