Do you think this will ever happen?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zsilverman, Jun 24, 2009.

1. zsilverman

zsilverman Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Does anyone think (or know) if games such as pokemon and zelda will ever be written for the iphone? im not talking jailbraking, im talking real app store legit stuff?

2. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Absolutely never.

3. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I read the title of this thread and knew it would have to do with pokemon. and no it will not.

4. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Nintendo, of ALL the major video game publishers/developers are the absolute most insanely strict when it comes to exclusivity to a platform (in this case theirs). There's no way that would ever happen.

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Rofl, somehow I did too. That or it had something to do with jailbreaking. Either way, this is never happening. No.

6. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Would you imagine that you would be able to play Sonic on a Nintendo platform?

No, never.

Would you imagine that you would be able to play Sonic WITH Mario in a game?

No, never.

All that said, I do not think that this is going to happen soon. But it is not impossible. Anything is possible.

Maybe on iPhone 100 GS.......our grandchild will be able to play.....

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Um...the big difference is that Sega had get out of the hardware race (sadly :() in order for that to happen.

By the way, this is my canned answer anytime someone says stuff like "this gen of consoles isn't as fun as last gen" or "there's something missing this gen" when referring to 360, PS3, and Wii:

"Gaming pal, that thing that's missing that you can't put your finger on is quite simple: Sega is missing. No new Sega hardware, no home for a focus on arcade reflex action. Simple as that."

Don't know what you've got, till it's gone....