FAADChat (Free App A Day) app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ICS Mobile, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
  2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    So these are games only free for people that own this app?

3. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    The idea is to avoid the situation where you buy an app and then it switches to free, so we'll give some early warning so that you can hold on and wait to get it when it switches to free, sometimes 2 days ahead of time sometimes a week ahead etc...

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I wonder how long is it's to take for a FAAD Scoop thread to appear on TA? :rolleyes:

5. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    You can always find it there and post it here...no restrictions...:)

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I can't find it on the FaadChat apps chat. Where is it?

7. mangomind

mangomind Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I have a feeling this will be bad for the devs of these games, especially if the app title is released a week before it goes free and the news spreads to toucharcade and all the app sites. i.e. no sales that week.

Dev: :eek:
    Consumer: :D
    FAAD: :D

8. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    It should be up soon!

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well they shouldn't be getting sales if they plan on making their app free soon anyway.
    The amount of games I've bought that have gone free less than a week later is unbelievable. So this will make me a bit happier knowing in advance. I might save a few £££'s

10. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Agreed.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #11 undeadcow, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    Mods really should ban this sort of pesky self-promoting spam.

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No that's not what I'm saying. I buy new iOS games every single week. It's just that it gets annoying when you buy an app for it to go free days later. I don't mind it going on sale or free months after I bought it. Just not right away.
    There's far to much of this free games stuff going on with the app store these days, a game comes out one week then it's on sale or free the week after, do the dev's of these games not want to make money? I'd be happier if you just had to buy the games, (like a normal console) you got no money, you get no games.

13. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    Noticed a bunch of people getting an app and then it switched to free just a few weeks later, So we decided to do something about it,we'll essentially work with the devs and ask them if we can post some scoops early, so hopefully that will help some...tomorrow's app will be a very very very popular one, an app store classic, the hint was posted in the scoop room but we're working on a bot that will regularly come post the name of futur apps or at least a little hint....

14. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    #14 ICS Mobile, Dec 10, 2011
    Hint

The little hint in the scoop room earlier today was I believe I can fly! And the app just went live Free! Flight Control: Enjoy! :)

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Pesky devs telling us about their apps and games! How dare they!

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #16 New England Gamer, Dec 10, 2011
    That's not really a "scoop." That's a riddle!

Scoop would be - hey all Flight Control will be free in the next week.

So, basically if you think it has to do with airplane games then ALL flight games get penalized cuz of your scoop/riddle?

Editing this too: it appears this game is free cuz of the EA Daily Deals. So I guess any game that goes free now is cuz of your program? No matter how they word it on their app description?

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #17 undeadcow, Dec 10, 2011
    This is not a developer... it's a FAAD middle man who keep starting vague informationless threads begging people to download FAAD chat. I understand your point but this case is different because he is spamming threadcrap for an app that is always free and likely ad supported. I'd hate to seem disrespectful to a legitimate practice so am open to correction. Obviously I would feel differently if this was Firemint/EA or Limbic Software posting about their own game(s) or another well intentioned user.

This... there ought to be TA forum expectations of "developers" to not post pointless junk like this thread and the last (and likely the next) which exploit the forum and it's members. I think this is the inverted equilivilent of begging for promo codes.

18. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, FAAD keeps claiming they're behind EA daily deals, but EA mentions FAAD NO WHERE in the app description, and FAAD never puts any of the EA games as their featured free app of a day.

I would appreciate them so much more if their advertising and claims weren't so fail.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, sorry FAAD, but if you want to have big games as your featured app, ask some good game to go free, but don't claim you're behind EA's price drops.

20. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    #20 ICS Mobile, Dec 10, 2011
    It's a collaborative process, I am not going to post the screenshot of the sims medieval title, but if looked at it in the second line it said "FAAD is pround to kick off EA Deals etc.....So if you don't understand what collaboration process means there's not much I can do about it! For instance our lineup is booked on average 6 weeks ahead of time so it's not like we can improvise plugging in an EA title at the last minute!! Also check out the freeappaday site and you will see a Mirror's edge takeover, these spots are locked in weeks before we post them! It's all planned and again it's a collaborative process and I will refer you to this post each time you mention "FAAD claims this or FAAD claims that!"It's not rocket science!!!

How about you relax and enjoy the freebies? And I suggest you set aside a good mojito while you are at it or a good pineapple juice if you are under 18. And if you or anyone bring that subject again it simply means that you are bored at of your mind and simply enjoy debating endlessly the exact same subjects, and if that's the case I suggest playing minecraft or the Sims it's good for endless stuff....And no this is not a hint minecraft will not switch to free but again who knows! :)

Note:With some titles we are authorized to reveal the names and others we aren't simple as that!