Universal City Lines - Solve puzzles, build cities

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wenix, Oct 28, 2015.

1. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi everybody. What's up? :cool:

I'm excited to introduce our upcoming game called City Lines.

This is a twist on Number Link / Flow Free gameplay: after you successfully solve a puzzle, the game will build a city according to what you have drawn on the puzzle board!
    There are about 1000 levels with a variety of difficulties (from "kid" mode to brain teaser ones), and more levels will even be added frequently in future releases.

The game is expected to be available in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to know what you think about it. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Some screenshots below:

s4.png s1.png
    s2.png s3.png

2. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

3. TadipmanDJ8

TadipmanDJ8 Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Is'nt Flow ?

4. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi @TadipmanDJ8
    As I described in the first post, it's a twist on the Number Link puzzle rule (and Flow Free (tm) game is one of the most well-known variations). By "twist" I mean we try to add something new to the core puzzle rule such as: building cities with nice visuals, and in the future we'll possibly add multiplayer mode too. I hope this will make the game appealing to players who love puzzle games and want to try something new in this similar genre. Cheers :)

5. Hazuki-san

Hazuki-san Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Give it up! There's already way too many of those types of games. You are way late to the party.

6. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oh no :( Please support me :)

7. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    I actually think this looks pretty interesting.....my main issue with these line type puzzles ( usually ) is they are usually simplistic ....
    Most puzzle lovers I know like a challenge so the bigger more complex you can make these the better for me :)

8. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Don't listen and try to finish your game :) It looks nice and fun as a puzzle game :)

9. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks @Beth and @applicattura :)

@Beth: I understand the limitation of such kind of line puzzles regarding the difficulty level, although from 10x10 and above I think it's going to get complicated and interesting to solve already. And if it still doesn't satisfy you, the game will have a multiplayer mode where you can compete with other players ( the details of the multiplayer design is pretty interesting, I hope it will surprise you ;) )

We will release the Android by the end of this week then start working on iOS version. The reason is that working on Android first is more comfortable for iteration (both during development and releases). As we use Unity, support for iOS should be pretty simple.

Cheers.