iPhone Heroes Call (formerly Quick Quest), a new action-rpg from Defiant Development

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by morganj, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Not thrilled about freemium, but I'll support anyway. There just aren't enough deep Diablo-style rpgs on the system. Hopefully, you'll have something in place where we have the option of simply buying the entire game outright...

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    hoping for something like this and not an incomplete game on release, with no overpowered stuff as IAP

3. DVSbastard

DVSbastard Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Hey there everyone! I'm super excited for this game. I was just wondering a bit about the project. I saw this game is freemium so I was wondering, what kind of IAP does it have? Will it be for rare armor and weapons and such (items that make progression easier) or more characters and quests (downloadable content)? Also, how many characters do you guys plan on releasing at launch? Finally, what's the expected release date? A lot of questions I know, but thanks in advance for taking the time to at least read them haha.

4. morganj

morganj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Good timing for that question!

IAP is all optional - the second playable character is unlocked using gems (we have two playable characters at launch - Blood Knight and Plague Wizard, with two more planned and coming soon). There's also named gear + item identification scrolls available using the in-app currency. You can basically run through the game without any purchase, but you can speed things up with IAP (and unlock additional characters).

Release date - very soon. We're in submission now, and as soon as we're confirmed we'll let everyone here know.