Gameloft Sales!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Connector, Dec 18, 2012.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    That would have been strange given last year they let sales run to Jan 2nd.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Appshopper does say price increase to 6.99
    Guess its had too much holiday cheer?

3. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah it does show that.

Maybe waiting wasn't an option afterall. :eek:

I did jump on all of the games I did want from Gameloft once the prices dropped to $0.99.

The website for iTunes still shows it at $0.99. As does the AppStore.

4. Wild blood looks awesome on my tv, really looks like a console game. And so happy that it runs so great on the new ipad after the last update to fix the framerate problems. I am really impressed.

5. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Connector, i have one of those adapters for Christmas so looking forward to playing some stuff on my big screen TV too.

So long from Roorooroo ;)

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wild Blood on the 4th gen. iPod?

7. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Order and chaos is great. 99cents & no subscription is awesome

8. Yeah, it is shocking how good a retina ipad serves as a console. Wild blood plays much better than an original xbox game. Hopefully, your tv will have a lot of modes like zoom, stretch, and wide. I play most of my games in stretch mode, so it is full screen. Some games, stretch doesn't look good, but wild blood and lili look great. And wait til you play the airplay games like Beat Hazard, asphalt 7, real racing 2, and others, you will be shocked at the experience.

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I may have to see how this one does on Airplay with my AppleTV. I need to get an HDMI cable though just to bypass the slight lag.

Wild Blood, when I checked a few minutes ago was still $0.99.

10. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Well..I got over my dizziness with Wild Blood. Fun game with a lot of eye candy. Woke up ~4:30 this morning with a slight stomach and sat on the toilet playing this for like an hour. :p

But damn..the game is decently hard for me. Took me a few tries to beat chapter 3...

11. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Picked up N.O.V.A. 3!!! Really enjoyed 2.

12. woutibara

woutibara Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    How can I update 9mm? the game says there's an update available, but when I press it, it redirects me to the game in the app store

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks like they're adding some stuff like Backstab. Still no Shadow Guardian, which is the only GL game I'd still like to try.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    gameloft please put shadow guardian on sale!!!

15. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    According to the Gangstar Rio listing they've added:

Shrek Kart
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard
    Gangstar Rio: City of Saints
    BackStab
    The Adventures of Tintin - The Game

I'm not interested in Shrek Kart... I own all the others except Tintin, is it any good?

For a refresher the other games in the $0.99 sale are:

Wild Blood
    The Dark Knight Rises
    N.O.V.A. 3
    Order & Chaos Online
    9mm
    Iron Man 2
    The Settlers

I'm hoping maybe they add a few more games tomorrow. I'd love to see other older games drop.

EDIT:

Maybe a mod could edit the first post and include the names of the games on sale?

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I haven't purchased a new GL game in awhile now and figure I should grab a couple while on sale. What should be at the top of my list?

17. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Too bad, I was hoping that Splinter Cell would get a price cut. Might just buy it for full price...

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #98 nightc1, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    What kind of games do you like?

Many of these games have free versions... my suggestion would be download the free editions and go from there. It turned out of all those listed, 9mm was the one I wanted the most... followed by BackStab. But, that's me. I've bought nearly all of these games for various reasons. N.O.V.A. 3, for instance, just because sometimes I like that genre of game and it's pretty much the best at what it does. Wild Blood just looked awesome... there's no demo of it but my past with Gameloft game purchases eased my mind about it and low and behold a bunch of folks here are enjoying it. If you want something for massive online, then Order & Chaos... I actually didn't, so I passed on that.

Go with your gut... but do the demos.

It's been $1 before... I wouldn't be too surprised if it ended up on sale if they add more games. Might as well at least hold out until the appstore freeze on prices hits on the 21st.

EDIT: Splinter Cell Conviction was part of last years sales and it hit on the 21st. So maybe there's a third wave of titles to be added but they just wanted to space em out in batches.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Meh... no Eternal Legacy HD price drop yet.

20. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I have them all and my favorite so far is Wild Blood, it has somewhat of an uneven difficulty spike which made me grind a bit but as im enjoying the game so much I didnt mind it.