Compasso (compass controlled synth)->Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Honestly, I've been spending more time with music apps than games for several days or so...ever since I got a promocode for NanoStudio.

Anyway, I present for your consideration...COMPASSO!

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I bet Thomas Ruby (the developer) spends a lot of time at the beach...

3. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Lucky with the Nano Promo there Grey. I'm definitely checking this out. The UI alone looks smooth.

4. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #4 iamseamonster, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Bought this when the dev's other app Pollisynth dropped to free (still free), out of appreciation for the free app and because of the passion obvious in the design and description. Then found out that neither app was usable at all on my iPad 3 :( A shame since its my primary music app device... But don't regret the purchase, it's pretty nifty on my iPhone 4. Weeeooeoeop boop and all that.

Edit- hey whaddayaknow I tried a reinstall of both apps on my iPad and now both work fine. Doesn't look like there was an update since i got them but whatever, it works!

5. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Wow, this looks really cool. I thought pollysynth was neet as well so I will definitely grab this. At the very least I love the cool minimal visual designs of these. I love that most of these music making apps are really keeping things interesting in the studio, even if they are more "basic" textural apps like polysynth. If I get just a single unique texture to manipulate it is worth it. Really helps to motivate music production. Sort of like how getting a new guitar or amp pushes your musical ability in a new direction given the new tones available to you. Long story short, your efforts are very much appreciated Greyskull!

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I hereby take credit for this app becoming "New and Noteworthy". The developer can send the check in the mail ;).