King Cashing 2 by Productions Multimage

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Sorry no release date for now. I don't wan't to get hopes up for nothing and I certainly don't want to rush this game out.

But as soon as I have a definitive possible date range I'll announce it here before anywhere else!

2. multimage

[​IMG]

Here's the concept for my personal favorite: The Cyborgette! Half-robot half-zombie, she uses modified appliances to get to her foes. Being very strong, she can easily throw a large freezer at an enemy doing massive damage! When doing a critical hit, the appliance explodes doing a much larger amount of damage than usual. But once exploded, the used symbol won't show in the reel until the next battle.

This week I've been working full time on the machine. Some work was redone because we felt the attacks were not convincing enough. But now it's finally done, minus some tweaks here and there. But anyway the attacks are incredible now! Since some weapons and effects can do multiple damage at once for one attack, we had to make sure that it felt good when these effects kicked in.

Next week, I'll work on the chest screen and the level up screen. The graphics guy is still making new stuff that will be used for the worlds and battles so I'll have stuff to show as soon as I start using his stuff in the game.

Until next week!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. multimage

[​IMG]

Here's the concept art for the Necro. The Necro controls humans and makes them fight for the King. The humans fighting on the King's side are little weaklings at first but later on they are armed and do much more damage, just like all the other weapons in the game. A special trait of the Necro lies in its critical ability. Instead of doing additional damage, he replaces a MISS in the second reel with a copy of a human weapon. Using this, it's possible to completely fill the second reel with human weapons!

This concludes the concept art previews for all the equippable characters in the game. Next week I'll post a screenshot of the machine. Until then, have a nice weekend!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. multimage

[​IMG]

Here it is! The first King Cashing 2 screenshot!

As you can see, the main difference is the actual look. After many talks, we went for a graphic novel style. We felt it added more to the game than a simple plastic machine. Leading to the battles will be actual pages of graphic novels. Basically, each world is a book and in each book there are many pages. A battle is actually a fight from a panel in the graphic novel. But I'll show more of that in the coming weeks.

So there's now more emphasis on the actual confrontation. The King and the enemy have much more space for them. The level progress bar is now on the left so it leaves more space for the stop buttons. New in King Cashing 2 is your current rating for the battle. So you know when your rating drops from gold to silver. The possible ratings are now bronze, silver and gold brain. No more stars! This screenshot comes from an iPad 2. Rest assured that all assets are made for the new iPad so it looks even better on it! Of course the assets will be made to fit in the iPhone 5 resolution too.

By the way, we are preparing a contest where you can win iTunes gift cards, a pre-release version of the game but mostly, you can be in the game as an enemy! The contest should be up next week so I'll post more details then. So see you next week!

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks great!

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Finally! Looks fricking amazing :D

7. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    I agree, the new look is amazing!

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Can't wait for KC2!

9. multimage

Thanks for the comments everyone! Much appreciated!

The contest is up! Enter to win a hand-drawn illustration of yourself in the game! More details here: http://www.kingcashing.com/contest/?s=ta2

I'll try to post something new this friday! Yeah!

10. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

All done! what's next? :)

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, the first game is still one of my favorites.

12. alanlad

alanlad New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    IT
    Love this game!!

Cool screenshots, I can't wait for it!

13. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    #33 lucrezio87, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    can't wait!! :)

oh, this post is also for the contest?! great!

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    lol I love the zombie cyborg.

The symbols on the reels will look tiny on an iPhone, it looks like they could be quite a bit bigger and still fit on the reels?
    I like that the symbols on the reels are pixel art, not just miniture versions of the graphic novel style characters, it looks great.

15. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm really enjoying the 1st game, seriously fun and will definitely buy number 2!

16. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Just discovered this app and I'm loving it! Can't wait to get myself in the second game as a villain ;)

17. multimage

#37 multimage, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    Now we play... the waiting game! ;)

About the size, the symbols are the exact same size as in King Cashing 1. But since they have more details in them, I made sure to zoom them 4x during attacks! By comparison, King Cashing 1 was zooming them 2x.

Now, for this week's update, something completely different: A preview of a music track from King Cashing 2!

This is the battle music for the first book. The music is made by Alex Crow from Montreal. You can check out some of his work here: http://www.myspace.com/alexcrowmusic

Thanks everyone for your comments! It really motivates us to go forward! Oh and don't forget to tell your friends about the game and the contest! Thanks!

18. Brycerodgers1

Brycerodgers1 New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Student
    Searcy AR
    The first King's Cashing devoured hours of my life, and with all these new exciting features... Bye-bye real life :)

19. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Nice to hear the music :).

20. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Extreme fun! Looking forward to the awesome sequel!