Universal Grand Theft Auto III (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA

2. Crosbie

Crosbie Active Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Re Paparazzi Purge: How's the weather? I wasted a few goes trying to do this whilst the sea was choppy and raining – then quit and tried again a little later in the clear and found it much easier. Also: cut corners.

3. TommyIII

TommyIII Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Dang it! Finished it and got all 100 Packages. Time to disturb the peace and put the BulletProof Patriot to work.

4. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Stuck on the turismo mission, I use the car with the flames on it, any tips?

5. Feltzem

Feltzem Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    "Ozzy I have tried your trick with running over 8 Ball but he always seems to escape and get himself killed before I can complet the misson any further tips?"

Is this the mission where 8-Ball is blowing up the ship, and you have to take out the guys on it?

The way I did this mission was going right round the building (anti-clockwise), until you see a group of crates. Amongst them is a power-up that slows down time. Go to the roof and shoot the guys on the ship, the slow motion makes it way easier. Make sure you see the guys you're shooting actually fall down, otherwise they'll kill 8-Ball and you'll have to start again.

6. TommyIII

Oct 30, 2010
    You need a better car with better handling. Steal the "Banshee" (Viper) located in the Amco (petrol) Gas Station right next to 8 Balls Bomb Shop

http://www.g-unleashed.com/index.php?cat=14&pid=106

7. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The mafia car did it for me. Located at the Leone villa

I'am stuck at the el diablo mission where you have to burn triads, any tips?

8. TommyIII

Oct 30, 2010
    The only tip I got is when you pick up the flameThrower come out the alley and turn left then another left headed to the basketball court. Light em up on the sidewalk and there will be a bunch of them in the court area to finish off your kills.

A real good source is youtube for mission help also. Just search gta 3 (mission name or #).

9. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
  10. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Thanks!!

11. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    So does anybody know what happens after you complete the last mission, "the exchange". I dont want to complete it because I don't know if my game data will be erased, or if I will have to start all over.

12. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Nope, no need to start over. You can continue to try to finish unique jumps or other little side missions, like the vigilante and ambulance missions, though those are more difficult thanks to hostile gangs on all three islands. You can also now have fun with the tank, located at the armory on the north end of the middle island.

13. Joemama25

Joemama25 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    does anyone know why he cant swim?

14. HeliPilot

HeliPilot Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011

You can't swim in GTA3. The reason R* gave was because of pollution in the water.

@Paul202, GTA is a real open world sandbox game. The story missions are just a small part of the GTA universe. You can play GTA literally forever. I have been playing GTA:LCS on my PSP for 6 years now, Yes, 6 years on the same game save. Take a look at your in game stats and you'll see what I mean.

Too add. You guys should really look at the GTA Wiki. All of the answers to your questions can be found there.

15. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    explain? i cannot drive the dodo and i don't remember if you could in gta3

16. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

[size=+3]TOUCH ARCADER'S PICK FOR 2011[/size]
    [​IMG]

[size=+2]Who Will Win?[/size]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO VOTE[/size]

[size=+3][thread=112564]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While I'm guessing GTA III is a deeper experience, and while I've no doubt the story is worlds apart and above and beyond that of the Gangstar series ;) , I was surprised to find that the latest iterations of Gameloft's GTA knock-offs seems to handle better, have better (both as in more fun, and more realistic) car physics, and look better than GTA III. Perhaps the latter two points should come as no surprise, since GTA III is ten years old, but it still feels kinda strange to see Gameloft excel at anything ;)

Since I've just finally purchased and started playing GTA III (and since I'm trying to balance this against playing Ravenmark, FFT, Cabals, the new Carcassonne expansions, and Dangerous, all rather demanding games to play when you've less than three hours each week to spend gaming ;) ), might there be reasons other than a faaaar more solid story/gaming world to play GTA III over Gangstar?

18. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Have you ever played MC3?

19. Joemama25

Joemama25 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    i cant freakin lose the cops when its at 3 stars, does anyone know how to?

20. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    On most GTaA games (don't know for sure about this one) you can go to your house and your wanted level will disappear