New and Long Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ben18, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Hi I'm new here on toucharcade and I have a question. I am going away this summer and will not have wifi or a computer for 2 months. I am wondering if there are any games the great folks at toucharcade can suggest. They should be as long as possible and with great replayability. I already have Peggle, sway, 2xl supercross, nfs, and some others. Thanks!

2. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Zenonia.
    There are two story modes, and each story mode takes 40 hours. :)

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    harbor master

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Defender Chronicles, Real Racing, iBomber, Star Defense, Pocket Tanks Deluxe, Zenonia, Mecho Wars, Quantum Collapse, and hopefully next week MiniGore.:D

5. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Assassin's Creed and Alien Abuse is pretty long, and somewhat difficult.

6. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Yes Minigore looks very fun, about how much play time does real racing have(not including online leagues) ?

What makes Zenonia so good, is it justthe fact that it is an rpg?

7. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Oh, I forgot, The Sims 3. It's epicly:p fun.

8. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    It has a ton of replayability and the best controls ever. Zenonia is not just any RPG, it's an EPIC RPG. 80+ hours of gameplay! Tons of items, a secret hard mode, and great storyline. Trust me, it's amazing.

9. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Ok I'm thinking about Zenonia and real racing, but I have a new question/criteria: What game has the most content for the least price? Sorry if I'm asking too much..

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Zenonia has the most content for any game as of now, however it's not that cheap at $5.99, but very well worth it.
    DDR-S has a really really high replayability as you try to unlock all the characters and songs.
    Beatrider and World of Tunes are both really creative games that has extremely high replayability.
    Pocket God is a really really cute time killer (though maybe only 5 minutes at a time) at only $0.99, with biweekly updates that adds a tiny bit more content each time.
    Tap Defense is a good quality tower defense for free, only downside is that I find the game easier than most other tower defense games for iPhone.
    Defender Chronicles has a high replayability, however it is very very difficult unless you grind lower levels to gain experience.

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Fieldrunners - endless replayability.

Car Jack Streets - the whole game lasts for five months.

Zenonia - about 80 hours of gameplay.

Assassin's Creed - about 8 hours of gameplay, although very challenging and could extend your game time to more.

Flight Control - endless replayability.

Peggle - lots of game modes and features. Extremely entertaining.

X2 Football 2009 - lots of cups and leagues to play. Endless replayability.

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Zenonia is a definite must have. Like they said over 80 hours of gameplay and those 40 hours are really awesome.

iDracula and 7 Days Apocalypse: Both survival shooters, but 7 Days has a cool history mode where you complete some story missions. Both are really low priced too. Both have lite versions to try out.

Brothers in Arms: My first game on the Appstore when it first came out and I'm still playing it. Also, it's pretty much a port of Brothers in Arms DS but for much cheaper so why not?

Puzzle Quest: The one game that's out on almost every system known to mankind. It's a really challenging and good length game, and more than worth the $8 for chapters 1 and 2 or the $3 for chapter 1. There's a free version to see if you like it or not.

UniWars: Alot like Advance Wars and EndWar for the DS. The price is never too high as they're usually having some sort of sale on this game.

Black Shades is alot of fun for $.99. The controls are kinda tough but once you get used to them the game is really catchy. Plus there's a good amount of levels so the game won't run out any time soon. There' a free PC/Mac version of the game to download at the author's website.

Zombieville is another survival shooter, but this one is a side scroller. It's fun to see how long you can go for without getting killed. Plenty of weapons to keep you wanting to go on for a while. Free version available.

Assassin's Creed is a direct port of the DS game of the same name, just for a lower price and updated graphics and sound.

Jelly Car is one of the best free games out there. Get your car through the level in the fastest time you can without breaking it or falling off the level.

Car Jack Streets will keep you playing because you have to. Not only is it a really good game but it keeps you coming back. You have to make the payments at the end of each real week so you'll be playing this alot.

Let's Golf and Tiger Woods have alot of replay value due to the type of game that they are. From what I've heard it seems that TW is better, but I enjoy Let's Golf alot, so you can't go wrong either way really.

Iron Sight and iShoot are both games like Worms or the flash game Territory War. iShoot is more like the classic Worms games as in it's 2d, but Iron Sight is more like the latest Worms games with a 3d view.

TNA is a surprisingly good RPG. That's the thing that really got me was the turn based combat. And it actually works extremely well. It's not a short game either, along with the fact that there are a bunch of ways to play like in Zenonia with the good/bad decisions. More than worth the 5 bucks.

13. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I think Zenonia would be the hands down pick, if you had to pick a single one. For six bucks, you could probably just play that for the whole summer.

14. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    is Zenonia a good choice even if I have little experience with RPGs ? Does it give you easy tutorial levels then get progressively harder?

15. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I would have to say Sims 3, it is pretty deep for a mobile game. Flight control ihas great replayability.

16. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    Great questions, I'd like to know this as well. Only RPG I played is PSO :)

17. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Wow thanks for all the suggestions guys. A great community here. Can any one answer my questions about zenonia?

18. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #18 spacecowgoesmoo, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
    Zenonia is not 80 hours! For me it was 12 hours from start to finish. You can play it two more times through if you want to use the other classes, and do both storylines along the way. 40 hours max. Then if you want to OCD grind up to level 99, you can add some more replay there as well.

It's kinda friendly towards non-RPG people; there's tutorials ingame if you're willing to read them :) If you've played PSO you've got nothing to worry about, it's a pretty simple game. The difficulty is fine, it stays very easy for a bit longer than it should due to armor actually being useful, but by the end it gets pretty crazy.

19. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Correction! It COULD be up to 80+ hours of gameplay because you can choose a path between good and evil and each one has a twist to the storyline. So that's why me and some other people were saying 80+ hours of gameplay. And if you're really into it, you'll finish it in about 20-30 hours. It's a great game and don't listen to any haters! :p:D:p

20. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Ok I've narrowed it down to real racing and zenonia. Keep in mind I have little rpg experience. Thanks again!