Trenches - Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ThunderGameWorks, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #1 ThunderGameWorks, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Within Trenches, we have hidden little gameplay functions that we were hoping players would discover. We've decided to make a thread here to reveal these hidden functions and that users can contribute to. We will drop by and continue to add more as well as provide a strategy guide as the game becomes more advanced and developed.

#1: To force all on-screen units to retreat, shake the device.
    #2: To cancel an ordered artillery strike, shake the device.
    #3: Always gas zombies when you get the chance. Especially large crowds of them. ;)

2. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    the first will help me alot in zombie horde, max time so far for me is 4:32

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Haha right after I ask :)

4. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    tip: keep moving to make it easier to avoid a devastating artillery from the enemy.

when you see an enemy unit hanging out just out of the range of your units.. ADVANCE, don't let him wait for back up. this will get the ball rolling for you and the momentum you gain might just overwhelm the opponent.

use poison gas to hold off the enemy while you advance your troops (to get into a trench for example)

all the units are useful, you may want to think that machine gunners are awesome, or riflemen just pwn, but snipers and mortars come in handy. FOR SURE. (i would recommend getting at least two of them)

there's gonna be those times where you lose a battle, so if that's the case SAVE AS MANY TROOPS AS POSSIBLE. Don't be afraid to RETREAT.

5. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Yep! Your posting inspired us to start this tonight. Heck, we are nearing the Top 10 for all paid apps so I figured the best time is now. Strike while the irons wet or something like that.

6. dumbname

Oct 22, 2009
    i think that's better. (or maybe i'm wrong?)

7. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    dang mine is 4.19 im comming for u i was trying to git to 5 mintues but to hard

8. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Tip: Savor your victories!!! For if (and hopefully when) online multiplayer comes, you will not have any against me :D:D:D. lol. But anyway....

Dont rush in troops one by one, hold them back until you have numbers. Try and artillary strike a well fortified trench before moving in with at least equal numbers, and dont put all your troops in one place!!!!! If you are on the defensive, try and hold out at a trench with another one close behind. Keep a reserve of troops in the trench behind your frontline, that way if you get arty (means artillary, incase you didnt know;) ) striked, you can simply and quickly just pull troops from the other trench and not loose any ground, if your lucky. Also, if you loose valuable middle ground and you think the enemy will get his troops to the trench first, just pop a poison strike in front of his troops. Its a cheap and effective way to give you the time you need to get back to that positon!! Poison gas is also useful for covering your retreat, if you are outnumbered.

9. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    You mean hot right ;)? But thanks! I can see myself using this

10. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Keep moving is a very good tip. Also for a good trench defense have 3 snipers, 4 machine gunners, and a couple of Infantry just for good measure and I gurantee you, that the enemy has no chance unless poison gas or artillery is used ;)

11. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Do not put your whole army in a single trench as they will not have time to move if you get air striked (stricken?)

Mix up your units, a whole army of machine guns will not win the battle

When in Zombie Horde DO put all your army in a single trench, preferrably on in shooting distance of some barbed wire. I have gotten 12 minutes in Zombie mode (newest update)

Try to avoid using artillery unless you really need it or the whole enmy army is clumped together, Several units in a trench can wreak more destruction than artillery

12. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    If they get stricken by air. Oh wait...

13. dumbname

Oct 22, 2009
    air stroked. lol that sounds funny.

14. Will090

Haha, where are the grammar police when you need them :cool:

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    How do I place my army? Do I have them attack as soon as they spawn and keep up a never ending stream of spaced out soldiers? or should i bunch them by twos or something? Seriously help, I'm getting owned.

Also what's a good way to escape artillary? Right now its just tearing me apart. The shake isnt sensitive enough to be used on a moments use. It only seems to respond if I shake like crazy.

16. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    yea when the artillery rains on you hard then it's better to just send streams off units but build them up to a squad of 3 or 4 then send them out. They'll stand a better chance against the Germans than by themselves ;)

17. dumbname

Oct 22, 2009
    well if you win the opening battle (1v1) than you'll have the upperhand, and you'll probably be able to just keep moving forward (until you get airstroked)

18. Will090

Just take control of a trench a good distance away from your base and build up an army inside of it (keep soldier spread out inside of it and be aware of artillery). Once it is at a good size then start moving forward. Once you have them moving forward just keep buying units as your current army is fighting. Your army will start to die out but at that point reinforcements you have been buying should be arriving at a frequent pace. Don't keep clumped together though make sure your army is always a fare distance apart from each other and try not to dwell in a trench to long or you will get bombed and lose all the land you just took and will have to rebuild your whole army. Also never try to face a decent sized enemy army while they are in a trench and you are on level ground

19. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    thank you i just got past my high score now im 4.25 im comming for that other dude

20. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Wow that's my exact strategy in warfare 1917 and ZvsA! I couldn't get it to work here though. They ALWAYS seem to bomb me at precisely the right moment, like when I look away and a couple units join the main force :( I'll try and perfect that strategy by moving out before artillary comes in to play. Thanks for the tips.

8 minutes on zombie horde! I suck at REAL battles though :p