Universal Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia - (by Minoraxis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009

I am running a 4th gen iPod, and I haven't noticed a no-retina bug, though I haven't dumped a screen shot to check. I have only played about 20 mins but here is what I see.

The Good: This game is very pretty, the controls work, you can customize the frame-rate, you can sell items to other players

The Bad:
    -The skill tree seems to be only 6 skills, 4 actives and 2 passives. The magic system seems to be made around limiting the number of buttons on the screen.
    -Simple things like recovering HP are too hard. There is no inn in town that I have found and the only way for me (paladin class) to regain HP is to use pots or use the "temporarily boost HP" skill
    -No auto-face attacking

Impression: If you liked Wild Frontier you will like this. If you don't like grindy RPGs this probably isn't for you.

BUG REPORT: Trying to pickup an item in my mailbox crashes the game and exits to the home screen. I have restarted my device and tried three times, still crashes to home screen. I am running a 4th gen iPod Touch, 4.2.1.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well

I tried the game for around 20 minutes so far but I had to go to work lol Anyway I tried a few of the different classes to see there story start and kill a few things, checked the skill tree's which are pretty short. But so far awesome graphics, I am sure I could of played a long while and been entertained, so far so good.

3. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #63 spleen, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    Definitely not displaying in native resolution on my 4th gen iPod (4.3.5, 32gb, no jailbreak).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ click to enlarge

Got an iPad 2 to play it on anyway, so I'll see how it runs on that. Still, hoping it will be fixed in a later update - even without the higher res images the game still looks better than any other KRPG I've played, haven't given it enough time to post any other impressions.

Edit: Here's 2 similar shots from iPad 2 showing how it should look. The backgrounds and sprites appear to have a filter applied to them (something like 2xSaI on a SNES emulator) rather than being drawn in a higher res, however the character portraits (first screen) seem to be unfiltered hi-res. Either way, it looks significantly prettier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ click to enlarge

4. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    just dropped by to say that I beta'ed this and it really is awesome. if u like these types of rpg's then you will love this game.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #65 November's Chopin, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    Once again not playable with older devices, don't waste your time on this if you only have older device. Framerate is even worse than Zenonia 3, drops to like 5fps in cities and 7fps in field. Apparently Inotia 3 was the last RPG to ever support older devices. I will seriously never get how iPhone applications work... a simple 2D RPG lags unbearably while huge 3D games like Splinter Cell has no lag at all, yup.
    Might be asking for a refund if I don't like this after playing on my iPad, for false advertisement. :rolleyes:

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow

Kind of loving this game so far..... I am a sucker for a game with alot of classes though LOL Whos with me on that? I will start over and over playing all the classes but then I never finish the game haha

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Dev's

This would be one of my favorite games lately if only equipment and such would change the appearance of your character :( make a update and add it in please! ;)

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I'm pretty sure it does...

But my priestess is running out of mana too quickly. Mana potion span becomes necessary for my survival.

Anyone know how to level up that skill quickly? It's only lv 2 when my default attack skill is lv 10 (max), 3rd skill lv 4 (almost 5) and 4th skill lv 4. They are drinking my mana pool!!!

9. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Playing on iPod touch 4. V4.3.5. Same non retina graphic issue here too. Would love this game displayed in retina

10. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Anyone playing the mage? it's pretty hard. i'm drinking mana and healing potion like crazy.

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yeah I did. Had the same problem as you. Deleted the game so I can't help you much now.

12. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    It does, BUT there are so few pixels dedicated to armor that you can't really see much of a change.

The dev appears to be watching this thread and is gonna fix the trade bug. I have spent a few hours in game now and it is decent, I enjoy the upgrade system the most :)

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Mage will drain mana at first but starts to balance after leveling and mana potions can be had economically. Keep with it.

14. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I'm at the second town now...oh so many grind quests

15. xMindFreaK

xMindFreaK Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Any word of a multiplayer arena update?

16. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I didn't play the Mage much during the test, but am enjoying playing as one now. If the Mage works like the paladin, things really measure out about 1/3 of the way through the game.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ummmm

So I have a few lv 12's or so and 1 lv 24 but man the grinding is nuts....

18. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I dont know why everyone is complaining about this. This game keeps my attention way more then Zenonia ever did. The graphics are great althought i dont thinks its HD. The game and the actions happen quite fast as you say. No auto target or anything like that. But honestly, who cares? Its a KRPG, each character has a different story and different quests. Each character has 5 i think skills. You earn skills by completing the main quests. Then you proceed to lvl each skill by defeating monsters. The character pixels are sweet and each hero looks awesome. Judging from the online market i say alot of people play the berserker. I picked the paladin, currently lvl 43. Yes alot of grinding and some fetch quests are involved. Alll in all, this game owns. Now all it needs is a pvp arena or something so i can own these berserkers and their 2 handed swords :D

19. xMindFreaK

xMindFreaK Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Has anyone figured out how to navigate different pages of the market place? I go online, search for gems..but it only shows one page. I can't scroll between them..so if there are lets say 300 auctions. You can only see 50..

20. ghen73

ghen73 Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Did you have to do the ruby gem quest to get there? I've leveled up 7 times and still haven't found one. Very frustrating.