My considerably awesome drawing skills..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Oceraux, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    #1 Oceraux, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    I present to you 3 drawings of mine.
    (The woman is Chloe Grace Moretz)

1st drawing:

Work in progress
    IMG_1351.JPG
    Final result :D
    IMG_1354.JPG chloe-grace-moretz-1680x1050.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
    2nd drawing (the worst of 3):

Work in progress
    IMG_1482.JPG
    Final result :D
    IMG_1487.JPG 284534-chloe-moretz-chloe-grace-moretz (1).jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Completely messed up drawing

----------------------------------------------------
    MY MASTERPIECE!! 3rd drawing:

Straight to final result :D
    IMG_1486.JPG 00027788.Chloe.Grace.Moretz.jpg
    SEE MY SECOND POST FOR UPDATED DRAWING

This is worse art compared to those professional artist, but for me, this is the ULTIMATE. (The 2nd drawing is the worst among the 3, isn't it?)

Thanks for reading and looking! Leave a like, comment, and sub.. wait no..

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    You have a great hand for finger and hair detailing. Many people can't do hair because they don't recognize that it is supposed to be done in patches, but you definitely understand that concept.

Overall, the lines you're using are great, so continue strengthening those!

What I personally think needs a little work is your shading. The shading in the third drawing is bombastic and detracts completely from what it is supposed to be about.

Honestly, that's my only critique: shading is seemingly random and all over the place, especially apparent unfortunately with your "masterpiece." :(

But these are great drawings!

As for comparing which is the best, I think I honestly like the first one best. The second one definitely looks awkward, and the third one, as I said, has some distracting overemphasized shading. There's no gradation or control. It is laid on way too thick. The first one is simple and elegant, and I prefer it to the second and third.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    First is best.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    First and third are best. You need to get more confident with your contrast, you're getting the shapes, angles and proportions mostly correct, but the details are too lightly drawn. Find the deepest blacks like you did with the third picture, then concentrate on trying to match the tone of the rest of the picture too.

5. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    #5 Oceraux, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Yeah.

Yeah.
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks. Are you an artist? You seem to be good at tips right there.

Is the shading on the jaw distracts you? I can't seem to erase some mistakes (now it somehow looks like a beard) I don't know why, that's why the 2nd looks a bit distracting, and the noodle hair too. So what should I do on the shadings? Should I continue to erase those mistakes or lighten up the face more? If I darkened the jaws and cheeks more, I guess that it will be more distracting, so I will darken the whole face + hair a bit?

Damn, you make my head dizzle, I don't know what should I do! :D

I don't like making my drawings very black or very white, I think the contrast I used is perfect, and yeah but the shading sucks a little..

And also, if you see the drawing here IRL, it is real darker, my iPad's 5mp camera just sucks.
    Oh and I just checked my drawing again, there are little lines and shades that are not fit, shit, didn't see that..

EDIT:

Drawing had a hole now I had to replace it to deal with anger
    1236946_720611471286270_1076399200_n.jpg

Here is the basis for the drawing
    chloe_grace_moretz_by_xx_l3oni3_xx-d68vn53.jpg
    That's where I got those shaggy shadings on the hair, but still, imagine how could have it been if I completely followed the pic.. The drawing is still very badass and clean, though.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Shading is really the main part for me, a darker pencil could help but hard to tell based off photos what you're truly using.

7. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    wow these pics are great
    i thought these pics looks like photos.
    you are a talented genius, can you awesome highness draw a pic for me?

8. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    awesome drawings!!! :)