Game Center help/question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TraceyC/FL, Jun 19, 2011.

1. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I've been trying to sign up for months, it appeared that all my nicknames were chosen.

Now, I'm not so sure.

It looks like i was having an email issue - when i selected yes to allow friends to find me via email, and entered my email addy (a Mac.com addy) it is telling me it is already registered to another game center account.

I don't have another one, and it says the same thing when i use me.com.

So is someone pretending to be me?

My apple ID is the same (well, the name part of it minus the Mac.com), so it should be linked to MY account. When I change the apple ID to [email protected] it still brings me up with the nickname I chose.

Any ideas?

Where the heck at apple does one go to get help with something like this?

Thanks.....

2. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    It's been a long time since I did it, but I believe that my @me.com email already had a Game Center account and rather than having to set up a new one, it just asked me for a nickname. I could be totally wrong though. I find that the MobileMe chat for help is usually pretty helpful, although it appears to have been replaced by something called Express Lane. If you go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/

And click on the subjects towards the bottom left, there's an option if your question isn't answered. I believe if you do the Express Lane thing you can ultimately get to someone to chat with.

3. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Thanks, I will give that a try later.

I've been getting the same series of boxes since I first tried. Sign in with apple ID, accept terms, verify birthday, pick a nickname. I just kept canceling out of that page because nothing was working.

I've tried to go back in and add the email to no avail.

It's not like many people will go searching for me - I'm a boring gamer! :D - but now it is the blasted principle of thing. I wanna know if someone is using my email addy!

Heck, I can't even remember what game prompted my trying to sign up.... I'm in a reading phase over games right now. Maybe they should have game center achievements for the number of books you read? Or you could actually like iBooks to goodreads?

I did at least go play flight control to have something on it (I'm more of a harbor master girl for some reason).
    But thanks bunches!