Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Update is out. Can't wait to try it out (waiting for lunch break) :D

Update consists of:

- Greatly improved control handling
    - A bunch o' bug fixes

2. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I downloaded the new update and the objective bug is fixed. :) I was stuck at a level too but after the update the new objectives are listed.

3. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Hey, yep an update just went live - nothing interesting in this one, I figured it was more important to get the game breaking bugs cleared before adding new features, but im working on

- game centre
    - a 'challenges' room
    - a vending machine :)

Luca

( i just hope I haven't broke. More than Ive fixed:p )

4. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Awesome thanks! Looking forward to it!

5. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Very good update. Matching the blocks is smoother and much more natural, they ‘click’ into the right places very well. In the previous version it took me a nice couple of minutes to “feel” the matching mechanics. Really enjoying the game and looking forward to the future updates. Great game all the way.

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I'm having a graphical bug since the update.
    Very often, after eating food to earn back some space I suddenly stand behind the next enemy I am fighting.... never had this before the update. Afterwards it happend 3 times in one session.

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    I've had this happen on one isolated case before the update, never again after.

8. MonGooze

MonGooze New Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Awesome game I can't stop playing it!!

Hey Luca any plans to do an android port?? I'd love to have it on my android devices as well

9. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    A vending machine? I wonder what that will do. xD

10. Sheo

Sheo Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Russia
    Any news about new update? :)

11. onebigdoor

onebigdoor Active Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hudson Valley, NY
    love this game. i played like a maniac for about 3 days, now it's cooled down. i've uninstalled and restarted about 5 times trying to go for the quickest 10,000,000. so far i'm at 2:00:00 on the nose.

i'd love an option to restart rather than uninstalling, and a record kept of best times for 10,000,000. even better would be a user login system so that my wife can play without borking my progress.

finally, why, oh why, does getting to the right side of the screen punish you so badly?!? i've had just as much fun playing endless mode trying to get high scores (just over 30m so far) but oddly getting to the right side of the screen is the biggest obstacle. countless times i'll be having a wonderful run, pop a chest, hit the right side, then all of a sudden the screen flashes and i'm staring down a boss and hanging off the left side, seconds from death. all for what, like a $1000? which is now useless as i'm playing endless mode. very frustrating.
    i don't mind, necessarily, the bit of strategizing that keeps you from getting too close to the right side, but there should at least be a big point reward rather than just money. it's insulting that the screen blasts "Awesome!" while you're being punished for doing well.

thanks for a great game. hope i'm not whining too much.

12. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Thank you, just thank you! I have been sitting here playing and thinking that each run added to a cumulative amount. I just started noticing that my score wasn't going anywhere and thought I had an issue. The only issue is that I'm a moron and have been playing the game, not realizing that the objective is to get the 10,000,000 in one run... :p

Guess when you're just having a merry time playing and leveling up, it doesn't matter. That really says something about the core game.

13. wintersnowman

wintersnowman Member

Oct 12, 2012
    There is one achievement "Unlock a chest using a skeleton key". My chest has 3 locks. How does one get it? I've been stuck at this for a while!

14. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Did you equip the special ability that gives you a bonus but makes chests more difficult to open? You could always just turn that off.

I think it should still probably work if you remove the first lock yourself and then the last two locks with the key. Or if you just unlock it with two keys in succession. But it might be that you need to turn the ability off.

15. wintersnowman

wintersnowman Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Thanks, I deactivated it and promptly got the achievement. Silly me.

There's one more which is "Kill armored monster with orbs or staves". Does the armored monster refer to the character that looks like a grey knight? And there are 2 types of staves, a single headed one and a double headed one. Which one should I use? I can't seem to get this achievement either. Any help is appreciated.

16. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh. I didn't notice that either... (facepalm)

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i really hope this game gets some attention soon..

18. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Thread Ressurrection'd!

It is. I mentioned on twitter the other day that I've now finished working my notice period on my day job, and am now a full time indie game developer! ( with having a baby, there was no way I could do both any more, so I'm going to take a try with this and see what happens)

I'm hoping to have a new version out at the end of November, It'll be a pretty big update, with lots more to do after you have 'finished' the main game.

In the meantime, It's on sale for Halloween, 30th and 31st only, so you can pick it up now if you havent already :p

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Lucia, best of luck with the update and the baby. I am looking forward to your future efforts.

20. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Great news, Luca! Wish you luck )