Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    #25541 Spearcom, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Sent you 4. Let me know when you are ready for the next 4.

And thanks to awboj and giantrobocat and anyone else for the frogs.

The anura color wheel is ready to go now too for any low level people out there.

2. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    What is low level ? lol Is 24 low enough? ;)

3. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Thanx spearcom! I'm ready for next lot... X Br

4. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #25544 lisianne, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Autopsy of a non-gamer in a gamer's world

Autopsy Part I:

I’ve taken some time to carefully tease apart the emotional components of my melt-down over sending a weekly set before redeeming it, for the second week in a row. Here’s what I discovered: the act of not redeeming was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was but the final cut in the gash which had me hemorrhaging enthusiasm for PF since the new version.

Autopsy Part II (Backstory, PF v. 1.1):

It was love at first sight when I discovered PF. I could play when I wanted, loved the animation & sounds in the pond when taming frogs. Delighted in finding presents. Enjoyed the decorating. It was just FUN. Undemanding, relaxing FUN.

After wrangling with a problem I could have solved by reading the FAQs, I discovered this forum. It was amazing to me how friendly & generous people were. It didn’t take long before the forum was as important & as much fun to me as the game itself.

Autopsy Part III (Most current version):

With the newest version, I was frankly overwhelmed by the introduction of so many new breeds. I was disappointed that, in spite of all the wonderful suggestions made to NB on their site, the only ones they ended implementing were all indirect money-makers for them. This may seem weird but it subtly changed the “feel” of the game for me.

But that wasn’t the worst of it. One by one, all the things which were once fun became terribly stressful. With habs filling up with the newer frogs, there was less space to breed sets. With GC, I accepted virtually all “Friend” requests so my MB was constantly clogged with the well-meaning generosity of others. This “clog” effect made the tantalizing frog presents in the pond utterly useless for I could never keep them.

The worst thing, however, has been the “death by a thousand cuts” interruptions of notifications & all the “Accept,” Sell,” “Figure out if you’re accepting or selling” messages wherever I was in the game. It turned “pond surprises” into “pond nightmares.” It broke the zen-like rhythm of taming, replacing it with confusion & stress. It obliterated the FUN & RELAXING aspects of the game.

Autopsy Part IV (Pre-conclusion):

In spite of the fact that I will end up finishing the current set with no assistance from the forum (thanks so much for respecting my wishes!), I’m not sure I care about sets anymore. Sadly, that was the one thing I DID try to accomplish while others were focused on ‘dexing. Gifting the sets brought me satisfaction & a sense of purpose/contribution to the overall community.

What's hasn't been affected by the update? I still enjoy is the camaraderie in the forum. It is truly unique.

Autopsy Part V (Conclusion & quandary):

Tomorrow I will have a household full of family, noise & fun. I WILL NOT BE TRADING. DON’T GIFT ME -- I WON’T RECIPROCATE!!! I will revisit this decision & my participation in the forum (is it fair to write/participate if I don’t actively trade?) after my family leaves, early next week.

p.s.: Apologize for still another novella.

p.p.s.: A pre-Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who have populated my virtual world & brought me so much enjoyment & pleasure. Your kindness & generosity have been bountiful indeed!

5. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    I was thinking more like 10 and under but if no one wants them, there yours.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    While I am a newer player, I understand your frustrations. If you are interested in some advice/suggestion, might I offer a bit of, hopefully, wisdom?

Any large update brings changes, but it also brings large amounts of reinvigorated interest or new interest (I fall into the latter category here in PF land). Your post indicates you are feeling overwhelmed by the rebirth of the community alongside an update in features. Switching from Plus+ to Game Center upset a lot of longstanding systems, and the first update in over a year drastically changed the status quo. For all the community knew, nothing would ever change again; that possibility was shattered, and, apparently, NimbleBit chose to throw a years worth of ideas in the pot at the same time.

But I digress. First off, I think this community enjoys your presence and comments, and would have no qualms about your continued posting regardless of gifting or presents or whatnot.

Second, with the renewed interest and massive update, all the legacy players of this game have to reestablish their goals within the game. Many of you have already had every frog breed for over a year and had established daily and weekly patterns that brought you zen within the game. Those have been broken. You may need to step away for a time to decide how to proceed.

Finally, everything will settle. It may take a month or two, but a new status quo will be put in place. Once that comes, the joy which the game previously brought will, hopefully, return.

So feel free to ignore friend requests. And delete some friends while you are at it. Take time to decide what you want your PF experience to be. In essence, don't waste your time with a diversion that becomes a chore.

7. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    I had been saving up my coins too in the hope that one day I might be able to buy more habs, but seeing as that doesn't look likely...

8. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    GC being a dick this morning with the latest update, neighbours list taking at least 10 seconds to appear, sometimes not at all. I'm sending out the latest Spira gifts, could people confirm they're coming in?

At least the update replaced one broken multiplayer system with another broken one, that's one area we don't have to worry about change lol :).

9. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Thanks for the info. So each time you dex a breed, your colour wheel will be different each time, which keeps things fresh.

I have started a gifting record too, but do you guys pass on gifts? I'm a bit worried that if we're all passing on our gifts, aren't we eventually going to see re-gifts? I swear I got a Templum I'd sent out a few days before :)

10. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi spearcom ... Just keep sending the rest of the templum wheel in 4 frog lots ... Every few hours or do until it's done ... I'll keep clearing my mailbox .... X BR

11. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Jerutix that was so insightful and I hope, helpful. I am new to this community and, perhaps, feeling the excitement of finding the forum much as Lisianne did originally. Prior to the update, I had dexed Anuras for convenience, and just dropped into PF once or twice a week to do work on the weekly sets. Then with the update there was an exciting phase of finding the new frogs, which are all safely tucked away in my catalog (not colour-coordinated yet, that might give me something to do down the track). Then what? I thought I might try dexing again, because I wanted to get to level 32 so I could play with my new frogs. Now I'm at 35 or 36 I think and this dexing is fun! Experimenting with different wheels, dexing 2 or 3 at a time, and this trading thing, whilst the system has some hiccups (surely these will eventually be ironed out) adds a whole new dimension, and frankly, just makes me smile every time a new frog comes in. I just want to keep them all! (except Lanterna and Pistrix - they can go off and have their weird party by themselves:)).

Anyway, thanks everyone for being so welcoming and all the gifts and advice...I just love it.

12. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    It was meant to read ...: "every few hours or so" x BR

13. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    20,504 in dex means 1,000 frogs since 2.0! Lucky 1,000th was Yellow Chroma Spira :).

14. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I don't see how they can miss it, but apparently they have.

15. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    #25555 Nirtew, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    I use spreadsheets for breeding, I'm interested in how you record gifts. I just write them down as I go and that isn't very effective for me. Like to know a better way.

16. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Don't know if my way is better but it works for me.

As soon as I realized we had lost the NEW on gifts from friends I went back to "old school" method, before we had NEW on any gifts.

I have a spreadsheet for every breed in a notebook in alpha order. When I receive a gift (pond or friend) I record it on the sheet, I also write the name done in a notebook. Since I only gift out what I breed I don't worry about keeping track of what people send.

17. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Wow, a spreadsheet for every breed. I am impressed.
    Since I try to match a reciprocating gift to that of the gifted, I need to keep a list of giver and gift. Doing this results in a lot of habs loaded up with ready gifts and I have less room for breeding. With these very high cost breeds I'm inclined to mature the results rather than sell the eggs as I used to do. The result is I need more habs for breeding.

i need a new system, but I don't know what it would be.

18. frogsinmypocket

frogsinmypocket Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Coral reef set

I have a coral reef set if anyone needs them

thanks eveyone with for the gifts I'm sorry if I haven't gifted you back yet am waiting for frogs to get bigger.

19. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    You guys are crazy well organised with spreadsheets and such! I just take it as it comes, and don't have much of a system at all. Once I get my breeders set up for each secondary, it's just a royal rumble ... or something, as I work on each primary and then replace the breeder with a new primary until all are represented. Previously I used to just set up 23 (primary) breeders but that claims a whole extra hab.

Anyway, just finished Spiras, and hit level 49. The stamp and potion awards for levelling are actually pretty nice at this point! The levelling sound still freaks me out, even when I know it's close. Hmmm, current mail suggests I should go Papilio as my next breed, as I was planning on a 17, and my mb contains 2 of them :D.

20. ParrotTesseract

ParrotTesseract New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I was hoping to get every frog on my own, but I've grown tired of waiting for the Lanterna frog to pop up again in the FrogMart. Very frustrating - especially since I had a Lanterna frog on my droid, but when I switched to my iPad, I had to start over. :mad:

So if somebody would be willing to send a Lanterna frog my way, I'd be happy to reciprocate. I'm a level 17 and I believe I have all the breeds up to the level 17 breeds (Anura - Pluma) except for Lanterna. I can do any color combination you'd like.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how to send/receive frogs, so any pointers on that would be greatly appreciated.