TNR-i - US [Music] [$19.99 -> $9.99]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by primozz, Aug 7, 2013.

1. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

No Audiobus support ... But looks interesting. Anyone have/use this one?

Here's a video of someone playing the hardware version:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0vFvGvIgVU&feature=related

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'll be picking it up tommorrow.All Yamaha apps are on sale.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks cool but I am not familiar with this. Is there any save/exporting of songs?

4. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #4 chris1a, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Yes, you can record a song/sequence/performance and save as wav file that you can audio copy/paste to another app, and probably find in the iTunes sharing folder as well.

The app is the same as the hardware version unit, Tenori-on. I believe it's even possible to transport songs between them. It's basically an experimental sequencer/rompler some dude from Yamaha came up with few years ago. The iOS version comes with all the sounds the hardware version comes with, it also comes with the same "menu system" as the hardware unit, which takes some time to get used to to say the least. On iOS you can import your own sounds as well tho. Its kinda hard to explain, watching some videos on YouTube would give you a better idea of how it works.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #5 drelbs, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Fantastic device, very well done app.

It's a 16-step sequencer with a bunch of samples to play. What's cool about it is that as a performance-oriented device, you can do a lot of neat things like pitch shift and other forms of manipulation quickly and easily while your song data is running. There are different variations of patterns, from a straight sequencer to a repeat/loop, bounce mode (my favorite), traveling between points and one page for live playing. It's perfectly happy sending MIDI data out to other devices, so you could drive up to 16 instruments at a time.

Practically crapped myself when this came out - the Tenori On is so out of my price range, but on an iPad it's plenty close to the real thing, especially for the price. (PS. works fine on an iPhone as well, but it's so tiny!)

You can use the same data between them, and link the real device with the virtual as well. You can run network sessions with GameCenter between apps (unfortunately not between international versions - why Yamaha releases ours as "-US" is beyond me.

For those not familiar with the device, here's my buddy Franz showing how the iOS version compares with the original...

6. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Thanks for the write-up Drelbs ... I figured this one was going to knock a few bucks off the iTunes account when I saw it go on sale ... d/l'ing now :)

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    No need to rush; the Yama sale runs until Sept. 1st.