Graphics Debate: Shadowgun vs M.U.S.E.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Madman100, Dec 24, 2011.

?

In terms of graphics, which of these games takes the cake, Shadowgun vs M.U.S.E.

1. Shadowgun

92.9%
  2. M.U.S.E.

7.1%
  3. Too tough to choose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #1 Madman100, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #2 GoofyJmaster., Dec 24, 2011
    I'll post the debate to get people thinking.

Feel Free To Elaborate!!!

3. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Maybe I'm confused, but how does Shadowgun have better graphics. It's all the same thing throughout the game. Muse's graphics vary more IMO, have small details that add to the game, and just adds that overall oomph that I was looking for in graphical terms. There's just so much more going on in Muse's landscape than Shadowgun, and I VERY much appreciate it. Shadowgun was awesome but IMO the graphics/style was very monotonous, but just looked so pretty every one ate it up like nobody's tomorrow.

Personally, Shadowgun reminds me more of a PS1/2 game than Shadowgun ever did. Can people elaborate on why?!?

Plus anyways, they're different styles/settings, so to say one is totally (100%) better than the other is a crock.

This is the same crap I used to hear back on console. Dude aren't these graphics a bit nicer than these? No man, these graphics are a bit better than these. Argue for a wile then agree that they're totally different games and can be argued both ways.

I think M.U.S.E's graphics are better, you think SG's are better. At the end of the day they both look great.

4. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Madman100

5. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm a big fan of Sgadowgun's and my argument still stands as to why M.U.S.E.'s are better. Doesn't seem that hard to smooth out the same, monotonous thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's less detail in Shadowgun IMO. As far as characters, the games are different styles. I particularly like the arcadish feel of M.U.S.E's graphics.

Ugh...this is why I made the last comment/statement in my other post anyways!

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Madman100

7. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I know but when you add in different styles of the game, it can apply to how you perceive the character art. If I'm right, they were going for an arcadish vibe. If that's the case, the graphics/characters are amazing IMO. If it was meant to be like SG then you're right and SG's characters are better looking. Still not by a landslide IMO.

8. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Brrobotix

He +1'd Madman100's earlier comment!

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Again, I think it's how you perceive the styles. MUSE has an arcade vibe to it and that's what the design reflects. Also, it's probably easier to polish a more monotonous design.

This is why I brought up the console debate thing. Ask me how many times we've debated graphics on consoles.

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Madman100

11. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That makes no sense. You don't know what the developers aim was. If they were going for an arcade feel then they nailed it. Also when you add in variation, the game changes a bit. If SG was less monotonous and had more variation would it still look as good? IDK, do you? Also, most people will just look at SG and probably say, oooh smooth lines and bright colors. They won't look at anything else. That's how a child would look at something.

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    DodgerBlue016

13. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That's what I've been saying. They have different styles. That's what makes them different games.

Gosh, we might as well argue which cartoons looks better in HD. :rolleyes:

14. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Madman100

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, because the majority is always right? I would think you're defense of DH3 would try and prove otherwise. I'm not arguing that most ppl are over obsessed with SG's graphics and don't really know what to look for in terms of overall quality. What I'm arguing is this " Shadowgun exceeds what the compitition can hope to achieve."

16. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    In the end

In the end, I'll prolly be one of the very few that feel this way which is fine. Both look great but I give my edge to M.U.S.E.

Please Feel Free To Elaborate On Why!!!

17. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Even iPad 2 vs iPod 4, MUSE can hardly compete. I think we have a clear winner.

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    If you say so... Why not throw in some reasons why you think it wins as far as graphics and stop being so abrasive. Personally, I still think they're 2 different games with two different styles; and as I've posted, there are reasons why I personally think M.U.S.E. gets the edge.

19. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    #20 Madman100, Dec 24, 2011
    I'm not sure how I'm being abrasive. The videos speak for themselves but ur acting childish.

Also, I didn't create this thread to argue with u. I created it so people can get their word in without dismantling the MUSE thread. But u, ur ready and willing to argue with anyone who disagrees with u. So childish.