Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    To be honest we are going to KILL it with updates! If Fruit Ninja manages to kick some ass we will be updating it for a long time to come with more modes, gameplay, fruit, and a whole bunch more we simply couldn't cram in at once. Look out for the first update very, very soon as a thanks from Halfbrick for picking up the game so quickly.

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #22 Gabrien, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, I was actually thinking as well, there's limitless opportunity here for additional content. Everything from more stuff to slice, to game modes, to additional combos and/or multipliers.

EDIT: It occurred to me it would be nice to have a combo/multiplier based on skill, as well as the random one. Perhaps slicing more than one fruit with a single hit? Something along those lines.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Agreed. As I was playing I thought cutting several fruits with once slice should amount to more points. Game is a blast as it but there is a ton that can be added to it.

4. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    All that stuff sounds good! As Phil said, we are going to be sticking around for the long haul with Fruit Ninja, so please share what sort of stuff you would like to see in the updates!

We actually have a first update that should be ready to submit sometime soon :)

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Everybody loves killing fruit, right? :)

6. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    more food items and the funny videos lol:D

7. jerry hunter

jerry hunter Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Ninja? Between fruits? Hooked......

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like I need to pick this one up then..Bazooka and Gabrien sold another copy:D

9. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    When I first saw this in appshopper under new apps. I was kinda like, "wtf is this nonsense!?". And in the tiny portion of the description just readable without clicking on it, when I saw, "impossible to put down". I went, yeah, if I had a cent for every time I've read that, I've have to rent out a container storage unit.

And not to mention it came out about an hour before Fruix, so it's right below it. I really thought to myself, what in the world is wrong with people these days.

But after reading sammysin's impressions, I thought why not? And honestly, this is really good! And fun! And I learned to not judge something by it's cover. ;)

10. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Glad we changed your mind! :D

Next update will include some tweaks, 2 new fruits, new achievements and a couple of other things. After that, we have a much bigger meatier 2nd update planned!

11. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Sold, sir.

+1

12. ImaRetroMan

ImaRetroMan Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    La Puente, CA
    #32 ImaRetroMan, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    @BazookaTime

Would've passed this on because of the concept!? That's preposterous!!! Fruit slicing ninja action is DEFINITELY not able to pass!! Lol :)

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Christ that video was too awesome. It's gonna be hard to pass this one up.

14. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    OMG this fruit slicing and dicing game is catching on muahahaha:D

15. lolymoli

lolymoli Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Bought, and wow i never knew i could get addicted to slicing fruit. LOL!

16. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I can't resist any longer, d/l now! Plus, after enjoying Halfbrick's Blast Off game, I'd have a hard time passing up any game they release.

17. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I also noticed your comment on the front page TA review, I'm glad your initial uncertainty became an addiction. Thanks for your support!

18. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    HalfBrickPhil were you in the video and which one were you ?LOL

19. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Just lettin Halfbrick know that this is probably one of my favorite games to ever come out for this device. I usually prefer the short, quick ones, and this one really hits the spot. Glad to see that you are planning on supporting it for a while, I'm already eager for new modes. Already left my 5 star review. I really hope this is a hit. Good job to everyone involved. And the amount of polish is insane, I wish every game was like this.

BTW right now Im number 17 as "jettski1" (I changed phones and couldnt recover my old account) but Im planning on taking the top spot tomorrow. Im gonna be playing all day.

EDIT: I just read that and realized I sounded like an idiot with all of those stupid short sentences at the end, but whatever.

20. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Wow I glanced over this earlier when I saw it on Appshopper. Just checked out this thread from the front page and now I'm also getting myself into becoming a fruit ninja.